Age is Just a Number

By , Woodland Park, CO
Leslie and Sydney are cheesy little louts that wanted to write a painfully steriotypical essay about how you are never too young to fall in love. In their romantic comedy, Mrs. Captain America, they express a young girl’s love obsession with the extremely attractive superhero Captain America. Intertwined is a young boy who as a love obsession with the girl.

To begin, in their romantic comedy, a second grade girl, Samantha, sees her love for the first time on her home television screen. After seeing this movie the authors show that it is indeed never too young to fall in love, and Samantha expresses how she felt about the movie and thinks “I’m in love”. ON the opposing plot line, a boy Samantha’s age, Sam, talks with his best friend Reed stating he thinks he has a “crush on her”. These intertwining plost prove that as the authors were writing the short story they may have been thinking about what occurred in their own pasts. This also shows that the authors do believe that even second graders can be in love even if it is artificial at the time, it is still possible, whether like Samantha it is a super hero, or for Sam another person his same age.

All in all, by the end of the story Sam has made a plan. He decided since Samantha loves Captain America that for Halloween he would become the captain for her. Reed tells Sam how Samantha thinks Captain America will be her “future husband” and Same aspires to be just that. In the end Sydney and Leslie show the reader that regardless of age, or how young a person is, they are still capable of falling in love and going to measures to prove it.

Scribbler1538 said...
Seemed just like a book report, not a short story. Wasn't really feeling it.

NerdGirl said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:55 am
There are some spelling errors: steryotypical ect. But beside that, it sounded a little bit "school report"ish to me. Kind of stiff in some places. Like "These intertwining plost prove that as the authors were writing the short story"  You know what I mean? Nice ideas, though. good job!