Fruit Loop Loves Basketball | Teen Ink

Fruit Loop Loves Basketball

By Royston BRONZE, Jenison, Michigan
Royston BRONZE, Jenison, Michigan

Royston Earl

9/21/12

SDT C

VK

Fruit Loop Loves Basketball

Fruit loop was his name. His room was decorated with basketball trophies. He spent hours at the park. He would practice layups, jump shots, he could almost dunk. He was a 6 foot 5 inch monster. His hands fit perfectly around the NBA sized basketball. Like he was born to palm a basketball. He wore a size 15 mens shoe. The best part. He was only in 9th grade and was still growing. He wasn’t one of those dorky tall kids at school who had no muscle and all brains. He wasn’t as skinny as a broomstick. He had bulk. This is what made him the best center in the state. This is why he was the only freshmen who could even think about trying out for varsity basketball. And actually make it. He was like a teenage Shaq. He doesn’t even know where he got his height from. His mom is 5 foot 3 and his dad is 5 foot 6.
He spent hours trying to jam the ball. You could almost taste the determination. If he could dunk, his team might have a shot at nationals. Nobody they played could even compare to his monstrous size and power. The other day his dad said “I think you might have a shot at the NBA!” Nobody even wanted to play pickup games with him at the park because of his massive size. They always said “Dang man! Where did you get Jack’s magic beans!” All he could ever think about was the sport of basketball. He always said “ If I don’t make it to the NBA I wanna be a coach.” Mainly because he was always constructing new ways to get the ball around the defenders and into the hoop. But he always had the same solution. Over them. And he liked it. Fruit Loop was a true basketball addict.

for school.

kitty.mewmew GOLD, Modesto, California

Life is like the piano; what you get out of it depends on how you play it.
It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have time~Tallulah Bankhead.
"Everyone knows that there's no such thing as a cat owner."

Yah....why fruit loop....Jacey sounds better =)

Shadowpomgurl PLATINUM, Canton, New York

"I was NEVER that drunk." -Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow

haha, loved it, dude! but why "fruit loop"?? <3