I didn't do it... | Teen Ink

I didn't do it...

" You ruined his life" , " How could you do that to somebody?" His mom and my parents are screaming at me, blaming me for everything! I'm inn my room crying hysterically, screaming " I didn't do it! I didn't tell anybody!" I can't stop crying. They think that I told EVERYBODY his secret. I'm looking in my mirror at myself & saying repeatedly " I didn't do it." That's when I see it. It shines in the light, a perfectly sharp razor. I grab it and the cold metal feels so good against my skin. I keep saying, " I didn't do it", as I watch the blood flow bright red from my wrists. My parents scream at me, "Shut up! We know you told, who else knows?" That's when I had enough. I couldn't deal with the pain of people thinking that I ruined someones life. That's when I think "The pills." I grab the bottle & just start swallowing handfuls.
I don't even remember how many I took. Then i wrote a letter to my family and friends saying that I love them but I wanted to go. I went to sleep prepared not to wake up. Then my mom comes in my room & sees the red pills on my floor. "Where did you get these?" I just gave her a blank stare. Then she walks over to my night stand and reads the letter I wrote. She then screams for my dad, "Joe she took a buch of pills, take her to the emergency room." I remember the silent car ride. Then my dad looks at me and asks, "Why'd you take all those pills?" All I said was, "I didn't tell anybody." I just remember being asked a bunch of questions by different people. Then, they put me in an ambulance and drove me to a place where there were other people like me. The ambulance ride was cold and scary. When I got to my destination, I got asked the question I'd been asked a million times, "Why did you take the pills?" I just said the same thing I told everybody else, " I didn't tell anybody his secret."

I went through a rough time but good inspiration came out of it...

DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

Not a problem! All writers have room to improve, including myself! I would love it if you could check out my work and give me some feedback, I appreciate criticism! And I'll be awaiting the rewrite, so don't forget to post it! (:

Everlasting_Love SILVER, Burbank, Illinois

It's not about the breaths you take, it's about the people who take your breath away♥

Thank you SO much for your in put!!! I really appreciate it and i understand what your saying about more detail. i think i'm going to rewrite it and put A LOT more detail into it! thank you again for your opinion! (:

I also think there could be an even better ending to this. I like the direction you were going in, but I feel like it needs something more powerful because this piece is so intense. I was just thinking something along the lines of this: “All I can remember is people asking me a lot questions about how I felt. But none of these questions mattered, because the answers didn’t matter. There was only one answer to the question they kept asking me that mattered to me; I didn’t tell anybody his secret.” Just an idea, I really would love it if you continued this piece. I really enjoy the concept! (Sorry for the overload, I like writing. Err, I guess typing hahaha)  

Well, there are grammatical errors as well but I tend to look past those. Only because I focus more on the story rather than what punctuation people use, y’know? But, it is there. If you could fix that, I think there'd be a lot more potential to this piece. As for elaborating, there are just a couple of parts that can get confusing for the reader, only because they can't see inside your head to know what you mean. So you really have to just look at things from a perspective and describe things as if you know nothing about the story. For example, passionate writers tend to have a large, detailed story in their head that they’re trying to get down as fast as they can, and they tend to get ahead of themselves. But the story still makes sense to the author because they know the story, it’s in their head. For example, in the part where the girl is explaining cutting herself, her parents scream at her. So, in my head, I was like, “Were they there, yelling at her while she cut herself?” That’s just how I pictured it. And then it continues into the part where she takes the pills, so the question still remains are the parents watching her. Overall, I think just explaining the events taking place would help.

Thank you very much!(: what exactly should i elaberate on? Let me know I'm open to any suggestions!!

Ooh, I liked this a lot and I don't really know why! I want to know what happened! I think you should paragraph it, and elaborate; I honestly just want more! Great job!