I didn't do it... | Teen Ink

I didn't do it...

September 10, 2012
By Anonymous

" You ruined his life" , " How could you do that to somebody?" His mom and my parents are screaming at me, blaming me for everything! I'm inn my room crying hysterically, screaming " I didn't do it! I didn't tell anybody!" I can't stop crying. They think that I told EVERYBODY his secret. I'm looking in my mirror at myself & saying repeatedly " I didn't do it." That's when I see it. It shines in the light, a perfectly sharp razor. I grab it and the cold metal feels so good against my skin. I keep saying, " I didn't do it", as I watch the blood flow bright red from my wrists. My parents scream at me, "Shut up! We know you told, who else knows?" That's when I had enough. I couldn't deal with the pain of people thinking that I ruined someones life. That's when I think "The pills." I grab the bottle & just start swallowing handfuls.
I don't even remember how many I took. Then i wrote a letter to my family and friends saying that I love them but I wanted to go. I went to sleep prepared not to wake up. Then my mom comes in my room & sees the red pills on my floor. "Where did you get these?" I just gave her a blank stare. Then she walks over to my night stand and reads the letter I wrote. She then screams for my dad, "Joe she took a buch of pills, take her to the emergency room." I remember the silent car ride. Then my dad looks at me and asks, "Why'd you take all those pills?" All I said was, "I didn't tell anybody." I just remember being asked a bunch of questions by different people. Then, they put me in an ambulance and drove me to a place where there were other people like me. The ambulance ride was cold and scary. When I got to my destination, I got asked the question I'd been asked a million times, "Why did you take the pills?" I just said the same thing I told everybody else, " I didn't tell anybody his secret."


The author's comments:
I went through a rough time but good inspiration came out of it...