Expose | Teen Ink

Expose

By Hannayye BRONZE, Trophy Club, Texas
Hannayye BRONZE, Trophy Club, Texas

"I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." Hebrews 13:5

Darkness is thought. Dark thoughts. Insecurity, fear, or heartbreak. Sometimes all three. Darkness is laying in your bed at night and burying your head into a pillow covered with mascara and tears. It’s screaming at the walls in your room for watching you break down. Darkness is torturing yourself with sad songs. It’s breaking yourself because of your past. It’s feeling worthless because you’ve been told you are before. Darkness is the fear of losing him. It’s the shuddering breaths and the pain in your side. It’s the moment when no one can see you because there is no light.

And light. Light is the morning when your eyes are swollen from squeezing them shut all night. Light is the moment you crawl out of bed and realize that you can still function. It’s the water in the shower as it washes away the black streaks on your face. It’s the racing of your heart when you check your phone and see that he’s there. It’s his laughter on the other end of the line when you tell him about your dream. It’s the light in his eyes when he tells you he loves you. That he will never leave you. That he chose you. Light is the smile that outshines the dark. It’s the “I’m fine” and the “I’ll be okay”. Light is when you choose to believe that you’re worth something. When you realize everything is going to be okay, It’s when you take one step closer to exposing that darkness with light.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

This is absolutely amazing! YOu are SO gifted. Great job!!

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

This is really good, and so true. Light is when through writing you expose the truth.