Love Drunk

“Hi, I’m Alec, and I’ve been sober for 1 year now.”
“Hi, I’m Jason, and I’ve been sober for about 3 months now.”
“Good morning, I’m Klein, and I’ve been sober for about 5 weeks now.”

We went around in the circle, stating our names and our time away from the drug. My break up with Caroline was about 2 weeks ago, but in my mind our love was the drug I’ve been drinking. It’s what influenced most of my drinking, especially after the breakup. I was love drunk and I’d be lying if I said I was two weeks sober, because I really wasn’t. In fact, I was hung over right now.
I called her last night, drunk, both literally and metaphorically. “CARR! I love you, please come back! I need you in my life, I-I can’t go on anymore.”, I cried these words sobbing only stopping for breathe and to take another sip of my bottle of whisky. I waited for a response like a lost puppy; I was still lost because after I was done waiting all I heard was a –click. Don’t get me wrong, she had every rite, this had been the third time I called her like that this week.
My phone vibrated, and I slyly pulled it out of my pocket to check it. It was a text from Caroline that read: I love you; I was a terrible person for doing that to you. Take me back?
“Xavier, it’s your turn.”, the moderator told me.
“Hi, I’m Xavier, and I’ve been sober for– I’m sorry I can’t do this. I’m drunk off of love right now.”

Live-Free-Or-DieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 10:43 am:
OK this a great peice, and it's pretty wel written except for two things I spotted;   1. you said 'only stopping for breathe and to take another drink'  It should be 'onlt stopping for a breath' or 'only stopping to breathe'   2. 'she had every rite'  Rite spelled that way is a relious act or solemn ceremony.  It shoult be 'she had every right'.   Well I hope I helped and again congrats on yoru first non=poetic... (more »)

Live-Free-Or-DieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 10:44 am :
Sorry about mispelling 'your' and 'non-poetic'.  And sorry about the spacing, it wouldn't allow me to post enters in my comment.

Triumph replied...
Sept. 6, 2012 at 4:53 pm :
No worries, thank you very much for the creative critisism, it will be accounted for and edited on my word document of this piece. :) 

Allicat001 said...
I love how you made Xavier addicted to something in both a physical and more abstract kind of sense.  Great job and keep writing!  

Triumph replied...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm :
Thank you so much, I will definitely keep writing :)