Chameleon | Teen Ink

Chameleon

By LivanaAshni BRONZE, Allen, Texas
LivanaAshni BRONZE, Allen, Texas

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Plain. Quiet. The person who can disappear. In some cases it is a good thing. If I wanted to be a spy or a burglar, I would ace these things that require no noticeable presence. I can tell from the ways that my friends wonder where I am when I'm standing two feet away from them, and the way the guy I have been crushing on forever can be standing right next to me and not even smile and say hi, that I am invisible. I disappear into my surroundings without a thought and blend in with thousands of other people. I retreat into the shadows and nobody seems to notice. I ask myself why it is so easy for me to go unnoticed. It might be because I am introverted. It might be because I am plain looking. It might be because I am one of 2,167 students in my school. But it doesn't matter. Because this is who I am and i disappear, no matter how sad it may be at times, it is still me. Maybe I am destined to be a spy, a chameleon, a person with no noticeable presence, and I am okay with that.