The Hidden | Teen Ink

The Hidden

By CrazyGirl6521 BRONZE, Cache, Oklahoma
CrazyGirl6521 BRONZE, Cache, Oklahoma

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

We are all hidden in some way. we hide our inner desires, feelings, and put on a facade to keep people from looking in. Whenever you laugh you feel as if you want to cry, and whenever you cry you want to laugh. You do all these things to keep from being different or to just "fit in." No one can fit in perfectly bu they will seem to. Later on they will think about how well they held their mask of being normal and berate themselves for not doing better. They will repeat to themselves that they could have been better and finally when they know no one is here they will pour out all their sorrows in their tears. The next day they will wake up, create their mask, put it on, and try to make it seem real. The are not hidden fro the world but they want to be hidden from having to see themselves as more feeling, and in their mind weaker people.

This is what i sometimes feel like I have to do so people don't think of me as weak and fragile.

on Apr. 28 2012 at 10:57 am
Inkslinger BRONZE, Chattanooga, Oklahoma

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."--Marianne Williamson

Naturally, I love it. :) It's only to be expected, though. :D keep writing, Ms. P. :)

Lovely, my friend, very good. :) Not, of course, to say that I would expect anything less of my lovely plot machine. All in all, amazing piece! More must be posted!