DIE SLOWLY | Teen Ink

DIE SLOWLY

March 21, 2012
By Purae BRONZE, Sedro Woolley, Washington
Purae BRONZE, Sedro Woolley, Washington
2 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never underestimate the power of a good accessory!


As I lay on the ground, looking at the stars, I feel my body sink into the grass - slowly relaxing. My mind went over and over what had happened that night. I’d put up a good fight, against the men who’d taken me. I knew what they wanted, and I had no interest in giving it to them, so I fought with everything I had.

My mother and father had taught me well. Just keep fighting, I told myself, no matter how much it hurts.

I looked into the eyes of the brutes, as they tied me down and watched me squirm. The leader saw me fit for himself. He lifted my chin, and staring into my tear stained eyes he said, “I promise no harm will come to you, if you do exactly as I say, and let me take whatever I want from you.”

Part of me wanted so desperately to believe in what he was saying. He was beautiful and didn’t seem as bad as the rest were; but I knew if I was going to live, I couldn’t trust anyone - especially him.

I didn’t say a word as he looked me over, as if I were a piece of meat. Suddenly I felt his hand on my side, pulling me closer to him. I could feel his breath on my neck. Now I knew he was just as bad as the rest, or maybe even worse.

For the first time I felt so helpless - my guard was down, and he knew it. Finally I spoke, I knew he was trying to pry the words from my mouth in ways that made me feel uncomfortable. “Please don’t do this. Don’t make me do something you’ll regret. I can hurt you, but I don’t want to. So, please stop!”

He laughed and said, “sweetheart, you’re tied to a bed and I’m much stronger than you. Lots of girls beg, but that doesn’t stop me. What makes you any different than the others? Why should I spare you?”

I shut my eyes to gain more courage, then in the strongest voice I could muster I said, “you d**k! All you think of is yourself. You don’t get it - when I say were done, were done!”

I seen him stop in shock. Nobody had ever been that brave with him, and I was getting angry. He was still on top of me. To show me he could still win this battle, he lowered his head to me to kiss my neck. He chose to ignore my warnings, so with a smile on my face I said, “I warned you, now you’re going to get it!” I seen his bare shoulder, and sunk my teeth in to it - deeper and deeper. He screamed out in pain, and I wasn’t letting go. His friends knew what I wanted. They cut me loose and I ran until I was so tired, I couldn’t run any more.

Before I could even catch my breath, the leader grabbed me from behind. I couldn’t move as he raised a knife in front of me and said, “no, I warned you!” The knife was glinting in the moonlight. He plunged it through my chest, and laid my body on the ground. He then bent down and grabbed my neck. I couldn’t fight, my arms limp at my side. Staring into my eyes for the last time, he kissed my lips. He then dropped me like a limp noodle and left me there to die.

So here I lay, as the blood runs from my body. Looking at the stars for the last time.


The author's comments:
Be courageous, don't stop fighting. Life is precious, live each day as if it's your last.