Dress-up Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Dress-up Gone Wrong

March 7, 2012
By Maddy98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Maddy98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Whoa! I am laying on the soft scratchy carpet. I was running, did I fall? How badly am I hurt? That was what was jumping through my mind as I looked up and saw my mom hovering over me.

Waking from bed that morning I never thought my day would take such a terrible turn for the worst that afternoon. Running down the hallway my thoughts were everywhere, when will the neighbors be here? Can they play dress-up with me? Claimed my mind as I was waiting for my neighbors Riley and Conner to come over. This would be the first time they had come over to my house to play.

Riley and Conner had been my friends and neighbors since I was born. Both of our parents had grown up together and we all knew each other well. Wanting to show them my new dress- up shoes I had gotten that afternoon, I placed them on my feet, along with my new light blue sundress that I had received for my previous birthday.

I was so excited when my mom yelled down the hallway, “Madelynn, Riley and Conner are here to see you!”

“Okay!” I hollered back.

I rushed to get my princess tiara and dashed down the hallway. Not paying any attention what where I was going, my shoe got caught in my dress, and I crashed to the ground.

Waking up from my daze, I slowly accessed the damage, no obvious blood or pain, I'm okay! That was until I saw my mom’s eyes light up with worry.

“Oh my god! Madelynn what happened?!” cried my mother.

“Nothing mom I just fell, but I am okay,” I said.

“Hun, no you aren’t you’re bleeding!”

“Wait, what?” I said confused.

“Your eyebrow, its bleeding.”

“But, but...” I exclaimed.

“But nothing, we need to get you to the hospital”

Sure enough, I was bleeding. After that we got in the car and drove to the hospital.

“Well, it looks like you are going to need stitches,” claimed Mr. Offenbach.

When I heard the news, I was shocked and scared at the same time. After examining me some-more, he numbed me up and waited for it to kick in. While waiting, my mom read me stories and tried to comfort me while trying to keep my head still. Finally it came time for the stitches. Very slowly, Mr. Offenbach stitched me up and wrapped my head in gauze.

After what seemed like a million years, I was at home lying on the couch wishing I hadn't been so clumsy and careless. Soon-after, my mom received a phone call from Billie, Riley and Conner’s mom, saying that when I was healed, we could reschedule the play date, which made me very happy. Knowing that they would wait to play with me meant that it wasn’t such a bad day after-all.