A mother's will to fight. | Teen Ink

A mother's will to fight.

By Jakae SILVER, St. Cloud, Minnesota
Jakae SILVER, St. Cloud, Minnesota

Got to ask myself one question. Do i feel lucky? Well, do you, Punk?

As I landed on the wall, I noticed a young woman sitting at a table. She appeared to be waiting for someone, but for two hours no one came. I flew over asking her what was wrong, but she swatted me away. I transformed and asked her again. She gasped and fell to the floor, unconscious. I grabbed her and set her on the bed, but noticed that she was bleeding. I brought her out to my car and buckled her in, starting to drive towards the hospital 20 miles away. As I was humming to pass the time, she awoke with an alarmed look on her face. "Where am I? What's going on?" she bombarded me. "You are on your way to the hospital. you were hurt." I said. She looked down to the bandage I had put on her under her zippered jacket and sighed. "My children were in danger and I protected them. I fell down and they were taken away from me. I waited for three hours to have them brought back to me." She passed out again and died at the hospital, before they could save her.

I ran to the door as I heard Ellie, Cassandra, and Loren scream for me. Three armed men with knives were hoarding them into a corner, with evil grins on their faces. As I rushed forward, they kept moving me away. As I attempted to grab Loren, one man stabbed my left shoulder and another stabbed my stomach on the left side. I fell down and watched them take my children away from me. I managed to pull myself to the kitchen table and wait for three hours before I noticed a fly that kept buzzing to me. I swatted it away. It transformed into a muscle building woman who asked me what was wrong. I gasped and fell to the floor, unaware of who or what this person was. The next thing I knew, I was in a car and heard humming."Where am I? What's going on?" I drilled. "You are on your way to the hospital. you were hurt." I said. I looked down to the bandage under my zippered jacket to see the wounds she was talking about and sighed. "My children were in danger and I protected them. I fell down and they were taken away from me. I waited for three hours to have them brought back to me.If I pass, they will be orphans." I passed out again and was dead before they could save me, from blood loss. I loved my children, and I fought for them. I died, not knowing if they live.

this piece was about what i wanted in my family.