Reciept | Teen Ink

Reciept

January 18, 2012
By Anonymous

James is a teenager with dark brown hair, blue eyes, 6ft tall, and really skinny. Who is trying to find his place in life. He lives in Sacramento, California; he attends Eagle High School as a senior. James is a kid who isn’t social at all. James has never had a girlfriend in his entire life besides in second grade when he kissed his friend April on the playground, who then slapped him for it. Everyone made fun of him until freshman year. James has had a hard life with bullies and girls. James has a family who cares and loves him to death. Some would say that his family is overprotective by never letting him drive or hang out with friends because his parents think he will get hooked onto drugs. His parents also buy him whatever he wants. James is an only child and likes the fact that he is. James couldn’t imagine living with another brother or sister because of all the fighting. He also thinks that his parents would lose their love for him and love the other child more. After graduation James would like to go to a computer design college. He can’t wait to go, his parents already saved up the money for the school and he already got accepted to the College of Design in Florida. James is going to have a good life ahead because he’s going to a new place and going to meet new people; James is one of the luckiest kids in California because his college is paid for and he gets to go to Florida. Going to a Florida college is everyone’s dream.

James sat by waiting for the light to turn red. While several cars go buy, James can feel the cool breeze against his skin. Puffing on a cigarette with smoke coming through his mouth and out his nose, trying to be sneaky about it so his parents don't have a heart attack. The sun is starting to go down slowly while people are trying to get home from work to eat dinner and see their family. Finally the light turns red and James walks slowly across the street puffing on his cigarette with one last puff, then flicks the cigarette but on the road. James gets across the street heading towards 7-11 a gas station. He sees a guy flipping out on his car because he couldn’t open the gas tank. James laughs silently and heads inside. Once when James opens the door, a bell sound goes off like church bells. When James closes the door he goes to the back to the Arizona Teas. He grabs one of the RX Energy teas. James then heads towards the front to the cashier which he notices that she is really attractive. There’s an old man with gray hair and has a cane at the cashier buying a six pack of Bud Light. Once when he gets his money from the cashier he walks out which leaves James up next to the cashier. James slowly goes up to the cashier nervous because of the cashier’s beauty when James gets closer he sees her name tag that reads Vicky. Vicky has blond long hair, sparkling blue eyes, big bright red lips, and her voice is just so sweet. He starts turning red and puts the Arizona Tea up on the counter and when Vicky went to grab it her fingers touched his which made both of them blush. When he gave her the money, she took it and put it in the cashier once the receipt came out a loud hitting noise from outside rang James’s eardrums. James turned around to look out the window to see the same guy who was trying to open his gas tank was now hitting and yelling at his car. When James looked back at Vicky she gave him his change and his receipt. When he left he slowly looked away from Vicky and walked out the door. Once he was outside he threw the receipt away in the garbage. But what James didn’t know was that when he looked away from Vicky to look at the guy beating up his car, she had written her number on his receipt.