I'll See You Soon | Teen Ink

I'll See You Soon

December 28, 2011
By alliemay BRONZE, Spanish Fort, Alabama
alliemay BRONZE, Spanish Fort, Alabama
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

To be completely honest when I first saw him, I didn't think much of him. It my first day of starting a new school. I went to my first class and walked in and took the first seat available. No one talked to me. As I was looking around the room, I happened to notice a tall guy walking into the room. With the chair beside me, being the only chair unoccupied, he decided to sit next to me. He had short blond hair. Bright blue eyes. Not the cutest guy in the world though. He was older than me. Seventeen to be exact. I was only fourteen. Just a little freshman. I don't know how it started, but that whole first week of school, he ended up being one of the first friends I made here. At first it started with little conversations to get over the boring moments of class, but then they turned into real conversations where you actually get to know a person. I ended up finding out he lived on my street. A few houses down actually. Within the first month of school, I learned so much more about him. He plays guitar and piano. Music is everything to him. If you ever mentioned cold play he could talk about them for hours. He is also a youth leader at a church. He lives life to the fullest. Everyday he wears the same pair of blue Toms. He loves them. Any problem you could ever have, he has advice. Months passed and he ended up knowing me better than I knew myself. It was finally December and he was already my best friend. He was an older brother to me. I looked up to him for everything. He was my role model. He cared about me, which was something I wasn't used to. I could trust him with anything. The more closer I got to him, the more I thought about him leaving. He got excepted into the college of his dreams. Two hours away. The fact of him leaving was terrifying to me. I would have to face the next three years of high school without him. Months still were passing and everyday got closer and closer till leaving day. Suddenly it was the last day of school. I walked into the classroom, just like I did the very first day. He walked into the classroom and sat by me. His hair was blond. Really short and curly. He got that from his dad. His eyes were light blue. The kind that looked like the sky on a summer day. He got them from his mom. over the last year I got to know this guy. He ended up being my best friend. My older brother. I loved him. After school got out, he had a week left. That whole week we spent just hanging out, and doing fun things that best friends do. The day finally came though. He pulled up in my drive way and I went outside. His bags were packed and in his car, ready for him to leave. When he got out of his car, the first thing he did was ran and hugged me. He didn't let go for a long time. We said our goodbyes, then he told me he would be back soon to visit, but we both knew that soon could mean a lot of different things. As soon as I knew it, he was driving off. When he first got back into his car, he just sat there and looked at me. I noticed a tear rolling down his cheek as he waved to me when pulling out of the driveway. I just stood there and cried. Looking back, I never would have guessed that he would be the one to show me that someone in this world actually does love and care about me. Everyday now I like to wake up and think, that its one day closer to seeing him again.


The author's comments:
This is a short story about me and my best friend. He was like an older brother to me. He recently just left for college though, and this is just our story on how we became close.