Just A Blur | Teen Ink

Just A Blur

By hannaenchiladas PLATINUM, Hudsonville, Michigan
hannaenchiladas PLATINUM, Hudsonville, Michigan

“Your lips taste good,” Troy teased, pulling me closer to him.
I blushed, “Thanks.”
He leaned down and kissed me again. The room was warm and my head ached, I was so confused. I don’t know where I am, or what led up to me kissing the football king of my school. I can’t seem to find Rob and I can’t break myself away from Troy. His kisses were too good, his breath smelled like Skittles, his skin smooth, I couldn’t just leave this goodness. His hands slid up my shirt, I didn’t stop him. I felt his hands move around my stomach, my sides, then up higher. My body tensed, I’ve never let anyone, not even my boyfriend, feel up that high. Boyfriend. I gotta find Rob, where did he go?
“Follow me,” Troy whispered in my ear, guiding me into a dark room. I strained my eyes, trying to make out what was in the room. There was a light switch by the door, a dresser on the opposite wall, and a bed smack dab in the middle. My heart started racing, Troy brought me here, he must want something. Why would he want me though? I’m just that nerdy girl who sits in the front of the classroom and passes every test. He never noticed me before, not until tonight and I don’t remember how I started talking to him. Troy grabbed my shoulders and gently pushed me onto the bed. This was every girls dream at my school, to be alone with Troy, kissing him over and over. I’ve always wanted this. His hands take the ponytail out of my hair and mess with my curls. He lays on me, but doesn’t hurt me. I gasp for breath and kiss him again.
“You are so beautiful,” Troy mumbles, taking my shirt off. He kisses me from the stomach up. I smile mischievously and take his shirt off. He presses down on me, his skin hot against mine. His kisses become deeper and darker. My hand strokes his chest, feeling an unknown territory. My heart beats louder and faster.
Troy strokes my cheek, “Maddie, do you want to go out with me?”
My dream is coming true, the one I’ve dreamed for so long. Ever since the sixth grade, when I saw him for the first time, I wanted to be with him. He was hot, strong, eye-candy and I wanted it. Here I am, five years later, getting everything I wanted. Screw Rob, I want Troy.
“Yes,” I say, breathless.
“Show me you love me.”
“How?”
Troy unzips my pants, “Show me.”
“Okay,” I moan, watching as my pants fall to the floor.

I’m panicking. I can’t find her anywhere. Not in the bathroom. Not in the backyard. Not the living room. Where did she sneak off to? I walk through the kitchen, there’s two people making out on the counter, beer cans on the table, and a girl in a bikini leaning against the fridge with a bucket. God, I have to find Maddie. I knew we should have stayed at my place and not come to this party.
Angel walks up to me, her face glowing. She looks really pretty tonight in her pink dress. Her blond hair draping her shoulders. I can’t help but stare at her. “Rob, I didn’t know you were here!”
“Well, here I am!” Dang that was a stupid thing to say.
“So where’s your girl?”
“In front of me,” I say without thinking. Gosh, that drink is kicking in.
Angel blushes, “I meant...I meant...”
I kiss her, her lips were staring at me, I couldn’t help it.
“I meant, where’s Maddie,” Angel says after we part.
“I don’t know, and I don’t care.”
She looks at me, I kiss her again and wrap my arms around her waist. She melts in my arms, that’s a good sign. Angel doesn’t wiggle out of my arms after the kiss, she stays there.
“Rob...”

“Shut up and kiss me.”
She smacks my face. “Rob, stop it! What about Maddie? What about Troy? We both are in a relationship.”
“Forget them, live in the moment. If you want to kiss me, kiss me. If you want to leave me, leave me.” I don’t know what’s taking over me, it must be that beer I had, or was it two?
“If I have to live in the moment, take me to a room,” she says, a grin on her face.
A room? Does that mean she wants...?
“Take me to a room, love me.”
“Okay,” I say, uncertainly.
I grab her hand and lead her upstairs. I wasn’t sure if I was game for her idea, I was still with Maddie.
When we reached the first door, it was shut. “Maybe some other time?”
She shook her head, “You said live in the moment and this is the moment.” Angel opened the door and turned the light on.
My heart stopped; I wanted to run and hide.

The light turned on. My whole body froze. Here I am, naked and someone is in the doorway. Troy looks at the door.

“S***.” He grabs the blanket off the bed and wraps me in it. Troy then grabs his clothes off the ground. I look at the doorway, who ruined our love?

Rob. Rob and Angel? What? He’s mine, girl, back off, I wanted to yell but I kept my mouth shut. Angel gasped and turned away. Rob starred at me, right into my heart.

“Maddie, I’ve...I’ve been looking for you,” Rob mumbled.

Troy wrapped his arm around me, “Back off buddy.”

“What are you talking about? She’s mine!”

“No, she’s my girlfriend.”

Angel looked at him, “What about me, Troy? What about our relationship?”

“Rob, it’s not exactly what it looks like,” I yell.

“Shut the f*** up,” Troy shouts, everyone silences. “What’s going on here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” Rob argued.

“I asked first, explain yourselves.”

Rob glanced at Angel, “We were looking for a room.”

“Why?”

“The same reason you guys were in the room.”

My body stiffens, Rob was going to have sex with Angel. He always told me that sex was for after marriage, so I never asked him to do that with me, but here he is, standing in the doorway, saying he was just about to do it.

“So I don’t have to explain anything to you guys then,” Troy said.

“You have to explain everything to me,” Angel said, “you broke up with me.”

“And Maddie broke up with me,” Rob added.

“How about, to make this less awkward, we put some clothes on?” Troy suggests.

“Oh, yeah, sure,” Rob says, guiding Angel out of the room and shutting the door.
Troy looked at me, it was one of those this-isn’t-over looks. My head spun, my stomach churned. The last thing I remember is vomiting on Troy’s feet and sprawling onto the floor.

"I got a hangover, wo-oh! I've been drinking too much for sure. I got a hangover, wo-oh! I got an empty cup, pour me some more. So I can go until I blow up, eh. And I can drink until I throw up, eh. And I don't ever ever want to grow up, eh. I want to keep it going..."
Hangover - Taio Cruz Feat. Flo Rida

[Story Unfinished]