Nobody Knows

My name is Rob Money I am a normal person with a job but I have a secret. You can’t tell anyone. I rob at least 2 banks a day. I don’t steal much more than 5 k at every robbery. I do the robberies because of the rush I get after a successful job and of course the cash. Want to know how I do it? Well, how I do it is I hand a note to the bank teller that simply says “I have a bomb and I have a gun and if you don’t give me the money I want then I will shoot your head off”. I also have several inventive disguises so I am not recognized. Then I walk out casually, with the money, to my getaway car. I park about a ½ mile away. I change out of my disguise so I don’t look so obvious and no one will recognize me. Most people think a sicko would rob a bank but I would never hurt anyone. I do it for the rush and I never get caught. So, nobody really knows what I really do. Want to know what I do with the money? I pay for golf rounds and lunch for friends. I take friends to fancy restaurants and I buy lots of stuff for my family and friends. I love to treat my friends and family and everyone loves that I do that for them.

As I drive up to Wells Fargo Bank parking lot to check it out I see that there are no cops in it. So I park about ¼ mile away across the street in McDonald’s parking lot. Then I put on my disguise and walk up to Wells Fargo. As I enter the doorway I feel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I almost feel sick. Maybe this time I will get caught. Then I feel confident. I feel the fluttering butterfly’s fade out and an adrenaline rush comes over me. I walk up to the teller and hand her the note. She smiles then she unfolds the note and pauses to read it. She freezes suddenly and looks like she died with a look of horror in her eyes. She almost cried. I gave her to go on sign. With tears in her eyes, she loaded the money into the bag. That whole time I gave her the stare down to make her more intimidated. I sharply turned, with the full bag of money in my hand, and briskly walked out the door to my getaway car. I stashed the money then changed my clothes and calmly drove off. On the way home I got some popcorn chicken from KFC, bought flowers for my mother and the whole time I was scared out of my mind. Would I get caught? This was two years ago and was my first robbery.

Since then, I have robbed 36 banks successfully. I have spent every cent totaling $180,000.00. I want to pull a big job the small jobs aren’t enough for me anymore. My first big job will be Peoples Bank. I go there in my getaway car. I park in CVS’s parking lot away from the bank. I walk casually approaching the bank. I push through the doors and eye the vault. I casually approach the teller. I give her the note and now it says to lead me to the vault.

She says, “I can’t do that” in a high pitched voice that sounds extremely scared. I tell her what I want. I say, “Lead me to the vault or I will kill you”. She leads me to the vault then I grab all the cash I see. I am pretty sure it is close to $300,000.00. I snatch the stacks of bills and load into my duffle bag. I hurry out the door to my car. I go home and sit down and relax and watch TV. In an hour or so I hear sirens. I feel dread. I see that cops are surrounding my house. I search the duffle and oh shoot! There is a tracker in the bills. That was the end of my 37 bank robbing streak. I step out of the house, knowing I am busted. I put my hands up with no resistance. They put the cuffs on me and shove me in the back of a police car. The door slams shut with a thud.

Next thing I know there is the sound of a thud of the judge’s gavel that echoes through the court room. The judge’s voice rings out and says, you have been convicted of 14 counts of Bank Robbery and ten years in prison. I am done. They pull me out of the courtroom and I feel like I am going to pass out as the prison door rolls shut with a heavy clank. I think my life is over.

It has been 8 years of listening to those prison doors rolling shut with that awful clanking noise. Prison is awful I often hear screams of other prisoners fighting or crying. I am a changed man now.

Today I screamed but it is screams of JOY because it has been 2 years and I have served my 10 years in prison. I am released and found money I had previously hidden. I purchase a new Ninja motorcycle. I am off on my journey to my new life. I have decided to move to New Hampshire.

On my journey, a Mustang GT passes me. Four years later I was in that car with my wife. I am 39 years old. I am free we have a 6 month old little baby boy. I have a job, not a secret job any more.

I was young and had a secret. I used to rob banks then when I got caught everyone found out and hated me. Then I endured jail and now I have everything I want in life. I found the old note I used and my disguises. The wife wants a bigger house…..hmmmm……..?

jennaanne said...
it was okay. but the name rob money was a little cheesy.

Judy W said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 9:45 am
Fantastic story.....nice work Mark!

Ralph G. said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:56 am
Certainly very creative and worth reading.

helene said...
Well written, interesting and creative.