Average Girl | Teen Ink

Average Girl

November 9, 2011
By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
49 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights


You know life’s not easy for a girl like me but no matter what I always try to come up on top. My name is Lindsey Jackson, I’m18 years old and I go to oxford university. All my life, people have always treated me differently just because of many, many reasons that I don’t even understand sometimes. Yes I maybe a little over weight and yes I maybe just be a little bit naïve and yes I may have a tendency to make things all about me sometimes but that’s who I am and I’m sticking to it. I love my complicated personality, my colorful clothes, my looks, my brains and my lucky four leaf clover ring that I wear all the time. I love everything about me and whether people like it or not, I’m not going to change.

Everyday I wake up and make little objectives for myself. Sometimes they work out and sometimes they don’t but I’ okay with that because I’m used to the fact that things may not always go my way. One day I will prove all those haters wrong and One day all my dreams will come true.

What are those dreams you ask? Well…first of I want to be a published author. Why is that you may ask? Well it’s because I love stories. I love how when you’re reading a really good book the characters feel like as though they are coming to life. I even like to imagine all the stuff I read and if it is lucky enough to become a movie, I’m always fascinated by how accurate I was.

You see I live in this world where anything is possible and if you are passionate about any dream you want to make real then it is bound to happen sooner or later.

That’s why I just ignore all the negativity that people may throw at me. Whether its
about my appearance or my somewhat abnormal mind I don’t care. All I care about is doing what makes me happy and being with those who make me happy as well. This average girl is capable of doing pretty much anything, all I have to do is work hard and be myself. Otherwise I don’t think I would ever be this happy if I was trying to be someone else.