That One Night

I walked into the house around 1 a.m. All I saw was my mom sitting on the couch messing with the flowers in the vase. I rolled my eyes and started heading to my room. “How was everyone? Did anything interesting happen,” my mom called out. I just kept walking. I was tired…and hungry! So I threw my stuff on my bed, changed into my pajamas, and headed to the kitchen to make popcorn. Once it was done I headed back. “Jackie, I wish you weren’t so mad at me,” mom said. “That was a long time ago and I don’t care anymore so just drop it,” I yelled at her. I didn’t mean to yell, I’m just real tired and I have handled enough drama for this week. I went to check up on Lily, my baby sister. And of course she is staring at the T.V, watching whatever she likes to watch. Once I got back to my room and felt a huge breeze. I don’t remember opening the window. I went over to it and shut it. When I turned around, there was a tall, dark figure at my door. He took a step into my room and closed my door. And I just stood there…Frozen in time…