Lifeless

An intimidating shadow occupied the congested school hallway. Eyes burning with hostility, perfection swallowing the body whole. Frightening minds are awakened as the shadow moves closer. Suddenly, bursts of high-pitched laughter and playful banter transform quickly into solemnity. Scarlet red faces bloom, while fingers shiver and bodies stagger endlessly down the hallway. Tears sliding gently down faultless faces like luminous raindrops trickling down a brisk car window. You can see these people have been poisoned. They are gasping for air, gasping for another chance. They once had ambitious souls, but the vague shadow shot them down and left them laying there in agony. Picture a snow white dove soaring high in the blazing Carolina blue sky. The dove is riding the wind carefree and an in-compassionate poacher comes along and shoots that beautiful bird down without second thoughts. The bird lies there for a moment, wings trying to flutter. It lies there helpless for just a little longer, deteriorating into nothing. Then you look down, lifeless.