The Prom | Teen Ink

The Prom

By writer4 BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois
writer4 BRONZE, Skokie, Illinois

I look at my reflection in the mirror. Is that really me? My usually straight strawberry blond hair was put up in beautiful, perfect curls. It seemed as if my emerald green eyes sparkled and the diamonds around my neck were a gift from the heavens. And my dress, my dress was indescribable, it was a shade of pink that i’ve never seen before. It was so wonderful and genuinely perfect that i thought it was a dream. Who was that girl in the mirror, was it the same girl that woke that morning who’s hair was in a messy tangle, Who’s face didn’t look anything like it did now? The door bell rang, i knew it was Josh, my boyfriend. Would he like my hair? Would he think my dress was too girly? My head was spinning as i walked down the stairs, i glanced up at Josh who looked wonderfully handsome. His hair was boyishly messy and his tuxedo looked as if it was made aspecially for his perfect swimmers body. His chizzled features seemed to glow. Josh looked up at me and smiled, he didn’t take his eyes off me even when my mom was taking pictures. My face turned red with excitment as Josh handed me a beautiful bouquet of white flowers. As we drove away in the strech hummer limo that he rented just for that one night i thought to myself ‘This is going to be one of the greatest nights of my life.’
.