The Fragility of Life | Teen Ink

The Fragility of Life

September 9, 2011
By Decius BRONZE, Reynolds, Georgia
Decius BRONZE, Reynolds, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Small minds are concerned with the extraordinary, great minds with the ordinary. "


The boy, what many would consider a man now but with intelligence and knowledge that still equals one of younger status, pulled out his phone. The air hummed with the invisible, silent as well, waves of communication that tied together the world as of late. He began to speak heatedly to the girl as he walked down the further heated sidewalk.

Down the street, another man was driving. He had been drinking, and the breath that came from him made his female passenger shout. Alcohol fouled the air quickly and the music was blasting; it caused the very air and ground itself to beat, to cringe.

A time seemingly chosen by fate, and the captive of the drunk grabbed the wheel from him. She was hit, and the car swerved off of the street towards the boy who did not notice, the boy that would never know. Only a scream could be heard, a crunch, and a sudden single gasp of death.


The author's comments:
A very common occurence in today's society. This is something that needs to be rectified, and I know of a few instances where it has resulted in insurmountable grief -- Don't drink while driving.