Drowners | Teen Ink

Drowners

By Warm_My_Heart GOLD, My City, Other
Warm_My_Heart GOLD, My City, Other

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
Leo F. Buscaglia

The tide pulls you in with a gentle smile. The sun reels you in with glorious rays of warmth.You jump in, with a naive, childish mind. Then, a world of blue and black envelops you as the tide gently pulls you away. Your tears are unseen, and so are you.

There is no way to explain the feeling of water as you drown. One might say "cold," but it is way worse than that. It stings. It suffocates you and makes every breath a struggle. Every single gasp for air pulls you down as you claw and plead at the winds above to save you. There is no reply. Only the cold whisper and the unforgiving water is heard.

You gasp again, but no oxygen is found.More waves come crashing down and kill the peaceful silence that was present a moment before. Another wave crashes against you and corners you in. One step backward does no good, and as quick as it splashed in,the water recedes, but with you in it.