The Sting of Betrayal | Teen Ink

The Sting of Betrayal

July 29, 2011
By MeganAveryJade BRONZE, Middlefield, Connecticut
MeganAveryJade BRONZE, Middlefield, Connecticut
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Color my world with the chaos of trouble.


My eyes had a never ending river falling down from them as I stared blankly at the computer screen. Tyler Robertson is in a relationship with Nicole Benzing. Both of them had betrayed me. My childhood friend since kindergarten, and my long term boyfriend for two years. There was no warning- No 'I'm sorry', no 'we like each other', nothing. Just the pain of finding out through the modern day social network. 17 likes, 10 comments, and one broken heart. When Tyler had broken up with me, he said it was because 'there was someone else he was seeing...' I didn't think that someone else would be my best friend... I called her that cool fall day, crying and complaining about him. Wondering what I did wrong, who the girl was, and how he could just shatter my heart like this. She was distant, and said she had to go out... Was she going out to hang out with Tyler? Throughout the years Nicole was there for me-mending wounds, playing dolls, sleepovers, and parties. There wasn't a childhood memory without her in it. In seventh grade when both of us had our first boyfriend we vowed never to let boys come between our friendship. I grabbed a tissue and wiped my puffy, swollen eyes. Skinned knees were so much easier than broken hearts. After staring at the relationship status for 30 minutes, I logged off and turned away from the computer. I walked solemnly up the stairs into my room. I layed face down on my bed crying hysterically into my pillow. Jumbled thoughts ran through my head, as I started reliving the memories with both of them. How could I be so stupid? There was no comparison between Nicole and I. She was tall, blond haired, blue eyed, athletic and beautiful. Compared to me, a short, petite, brunette bookworm. My thoughts were interrupted by my ringing phone. I looked down at the caller I.D. and saw BENZING, NICOLE. On the third ring I answered. "Hello?" I said choking back tears. "Lisa I'm so ...."