greetings | Teen Ink

greetings

By maddiespice BRONZE, Ottawa, Other
maddiespice BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

Hello dear friend,

I’m currently in the beautiful Caribbean! The beaches are unbelievable here; The hot sand burns my feet when I walk on it but the clear Caribbean water instantly refreshes my body. The warm breeze is the perfect temperature and it’s fast enough to caress my hair without disrupting it. Every morning at the resort, I sleep in, have breakfast in bed, slip on my wrap, and then go walking on the beach. I can feel the rays from the sun damaging my skin, but the vitamin D feels so nourishing on my body. I go swimming in the warm, smooth ocean a few times each day. After my swims I let the sun dry the water off my body, while taking a nap on the hot sand. I fall asleep to the sounds of the gentle waves and wind around me. After a long day on the beach I walk blissfully back to my five star hotel, where the cool air conditioning delicately greets me at the front doors. My suite has been made up while I was out. I have new, crisp, white linens on my bed and fresh, soft towels in my bathroom. In the evenings I go with other vacationers to the resort’s parties, where impressive native Caribbean performers sing and dance underneath the tropical night sky.
Although I love you dearly, I’m not looking forward to coming back to the blistering cold and wet snow in Ottawa.