Roses.

Roses, roses, roses.
I didn’t know why I was thinking about beautiful red roses. But then again I didn’t know why I thought a lot of things. I just did.
Ethan walks into the kitchen and my heart nearly stops. The poor boy is covered in mud again. I stop washing the dishes and grab my rag.
“You were playing in the mud again,” I attack his face with the soapy rag.
Ethan doesn’t respond, as usual.
“You should really stop doing that; this is the third time today you’ve had to take a bath.” I go to strip the little boy’s overalls off and he suddenly squeals at me to stop.
Before I could scold Ethan for shouting at me he reaches in his front pocket and draws out a crumpled red rose.
“I climbed in the mud to get it for you mommy.” He holds the rose out to me in his little chubby hands.
I bit my bottom lip to hold back the tears that suddenly sprung to the corners of my eyes. “Thank you.” I managed to choke. I took the little rose and set it on a saucer in the middle of the little dining room table.
I turn around to tell Ethan to go take a bath but before I can he runs out the kitchen door and out into the yard again.
I look out the still open door and see Ethan start to play with his friend bill.
I let him go and decide that he can take a bath later. Right now I’ll just admire my little red crumbled rose before it starts to wilt.

photolover26 said...
Cute story! My only criticism is Bill should have been capitalized, and "I climbed in the mud to get it for you mommy", there should have been a comma before 'mommy'. Other than that, great story :)

Eno-Bladez replied...
i realized the bill thing but i really don't think there should be a comma before the mommy, thanks for your comment

partyhardd<3 said...
its soooo sweet lol & cutee <3

tealbird said...
Awwww...this is so sweet! I love the message.

CarrieAnn13 said...
This is a simple little short story.  I like it.  Anyway, my only criticism is you forgot to capitalize 'Bill'. 

Eno-Bladez replied...
i realized i forgot to capitalize bill when i read through it. :P oops

Funkyman replied...
Apr. 4 at 10:08 am
I really think this story is cute.