Have you ever? | Teen Ink

Have you ever?

May 31, 2011
By erinr BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine
erinr BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine
3 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death." - Taylor Swift<3


Have you ever felt about running away? Running so far nobody could find you, just to prove to people how much they need you, and how much they regret everything? To a place where only you existed, a place that was perfect only to you.


Well that's my wish. My name is Anna Rose and I'm 14 years old. I live in Missoula Montana. Where all you can see is miles of fields. On, and on and on until you can see nothing but clear blue sky. I just lay there dreaming of what it would be like if I was happy. Do you ever wonder why people say things? Things that could harm them. It's because they want your love and care to try and stop them. I tried it before on a person that I thought would have unconditional love towards me. But I was wrong. My mother is a monster. She is selfish, impatient, unforgivable, childish, simply uncontrollable.


Many years ago my mother started popping pills. She turned into a drug addict. Many people think it was the death of my little sister that caused it. My mother had a miscariage 6 years ago. Since then we haven't talked very much. And since then she's started hurting me. Not just physically, but mentally, and verbally. I can't look at her without tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't take it anymore, I'm running way.


And that's exactly what I did.


I left a note to my mother: “I used to be your little princess, but you chose your pills over me. And that's exactly what i'm doing now.. me over you.” I thought about what she would do after seeing this note. Maybe all her feelings would turn around and she'd stop using drugs, or maybe she'd send police out looking for me. But she did the complete opposite.


It's been a month, I haven't heard anything. I haven't seen anything either. But then again I am in the fields of Missula. I've been surviving on nothing but trail mix, A few raisins a day is all. I needed to find a house to stay at, a place where I could for once in my life feel warm and safe. And that's when I came to this elegant house sitting calmly in the fields. With a white pickett fence surrounding it. Making sure it was safe from all that could harm. Seeing that house made me feel as happy as the trees that swayed in the wind when spring was coming closer. I finally had enough courage built up to walk up the crusty cobblestone steps.


“Knock.” I was feeling so anxsious at this point I didn't want to knock to hard or loudly just enough for someone to hear. I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door. Soft, but in demand. A beautiful woman opened the door and her mouth dropped. “Oh darling what happened, come on in, what's you name sweetheart?” she asked sympathically. I couldn't speak all I could do was shake my head. I was in shock, someone for once actually wanted to help me.


“Meredith honey I'm home, dinner with the Stevenson's in an hour!” Yelled a man. “Oh uhm Michael dear could you come here for a moment we have a ah special guest. “Hi dad...” I whispered. Confused he asked his wife questions he was so confused he couldn't even talk. After an hour and some cold ice water we explained everything to him. How my mother was addicted to drugs, how I ran away and she didn't send anyone after me. He then told me how much he tried looking for me but my mother hid me so well. My father said that, that monster wanted to keep me away from him for as long as she could.


So after that day I thought to myself; Maybe somethings do happen for reasons, maybe the best comes to those who wait? But for now I need to live life to the fullest with my father and my new mother Meredith. My family. My father whispered to me in my ear just before bed “You are my princess, and i'll save you from any other person that tries to hurt you, I love you with all my hart Anna Joyce Rose.”

The End


The author's comments:
Third narrative.