The Queen's Request | Teen Ink

The Queen's Request

By TinaFeyfan BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
TinaFeyfan BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey

"Its my way till pay day."- 30 Rock

Sarah Lauren Julia Louis was a royal aristocrat. She lived in a palace a hundred miles from London. She was the niece of the queen and was finally eighteen. She was finally ready to go to Cambridge University and escape the live of the royal. She was in her tower and it was one hour from her birthday party and was brushing her hair while watching the guards scurry around like chickens with no heads. She stared at her reflection in the mirror her long brown hair was spilling over her shoulders and her dark brown eyes looked back at her. She began to brush her hair once more when there was a knock at the door.
"Princess Sarah, please open the door," barked someone at the door.
Sarah dropped the brush on the floor and answered the door.
Two guards walked into her room. One wore a suit and the other was in a military outfit. The one in the suit towered over her and his silver eyes looked right at her. The guard in the military outfit was less intimidating. He was a few inches taller than her and had chocolate eyes just like hers.
"Princess Sarah, Your Grandmother requests that you must leave this residency immediately. She wants us to escort you to Windsor Palace," said the tall guard.
"Why does she need me to go to Windsor Palace?" questioned Sarah.
"She says it is important that you be escorted to the palace," the shorter guard said.
Sarah was annoyed with the vagueness of the answer, but she was use to it. She was constantly kept out of loop, and was not taken seriously. She knew there was a point to the message, but she wanted to know more. Sarah decided to follow the guards, because she knew it would work out in the end. The guards placed her into a Rolls Royce that was parked out in the front of the palace. The guards got in the car and began to drive to Windsor Palace. They passed multiple farms and towns as they drove to the palace. Sarah looked out her window and saw a couple of commoners playing around a sprinkler. Oh how she wished to be normal. She began to be annoyed with the guards. They were not telling Sarah anything. She checked the time on her watch. It was 6:00 and the party had started.
“Excuse me. I am missing my birthday celebration,” Sarah declared.
“Sorry princess, the Queen said that you would be missing your party,” the guard in the suit said.
Sarah folded her arms in disagreement. She was angry with the Queen. She knew that this was important to Sarah. This was the last time she would be surround by all of her friends before she left for Cambridge University. Sarah slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep. When she woke up she was at Windsor Place. The Queen was standing just outside of the car. One of the guards opened the door and Sarah exited the car.
“Sarah, I must inform you that sadly you will not be attending Cambridge University instead you will be sent to live in a small village in Whales for the time being. A jet is here waiting to take you,” said the Queen.
Sarah’s blood began to boil in her veins. Then she did the unexpected. She replied, “No, I will not!”