Mysterious Waters | Teen Ink

Mysterious Waters

By Kaytee_24 GOLD, East Jordan, Michigan
Kaytee_24 GOLD, East Jordan, Michigan

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And Today is a Gift that is why they call it the Present.

As I leaped in the dark blue mysterious waters, I saw the bubbles from my air tanks rise up to the sunlight above. The air bubbles looked like they were racing away from the darkness of the sea. My Dad is a diver, and he took me diving one day this was after I got over my fear of swimming in the ocean.

It was the last day of school hot, slow, and exiting all at the same time. The last hour of the day was the slowest hour ever, it felt like time had stopped from the world. Then it got silent not just quite, dead silent fell cross the room, as if something terrible just happen. Then the bell rang, it was like freedom from a gloomy jail. Students screaming, “Schools out, Schools out,” there were good byes for friends, and good byes from bus drivers. At last, “home sweet home,” home is sweet, home is safe, and home is home.

When my Dad arrived from work, he then asks me “would you like to come diving with me?”
“No thank you,” I replied, “I thought you knew that I was terrified of the ocean.”
“I know I thought you got over that fear,” he returned.
“…..no Dad I haven’t gotten over my fear, not yet.”
“You know one of these day you have to get over that fear, you can’t away run away from you fear,” my Dad walked to me and sat me down. “When I was younger,” Oh great I thought another one of though “Back in my day…blah, blah, blah,” he when on “I was afraid of the dark, I was so scared that I had to sleep with a night light on all night.” He continued, “Then one day my Dad took my camping I was scared that something in the dark will come and get me. But then my Dad told me to look at the sky and look at the star.” He when on, “My Dad told me that the star are like holes in heavens floor, and to never be afraid of the dark.” So every time he went to bed, turn off the night light and think of stars on the ceiling.

The next morning I got up and I went with my Dad to go diving in the scary water. We sailed out in the ocean, and the water when on, it looked like the world was flat. And so, as I leaped in the dark blue mysterious waters, I saw the bubbles from my air tanks rise up the sunlight above. The air bubbles looked like they were racing away from the darkness of the sea. My Dad is a diver, and he took me diving one day this was after I got over my fear of swimming in the ocean. I got over my fear, and realized that the ocean is beautiful, and full of wonders, and mysteries of the mysterious waters below. If I could get over my fear, so can you, you can climb the mountain, hold a spider, and fly in the plane if you don’t you will never understand or see the beauty in life of the Earth.

i wrote this story because we all have though fears that give us nightmares.