Secret Lovers | Teen Ink

Secret Lovers

“Hold up, wait a minute, you date Dylan, AGAIN?” Nicky shouted loud enough for the whole entire class to hear.

“Yes” Maci whispered.

“Oh my gosh, really, I though he went out with Katelyn?” Cheyenne said confused.

“Dylan Long you retard not the other Dylan” Nicky replied as she slapped Cheyenne on the leg.

It was a hot spring day in the middle of April and Maci was texting her ex-boyfriend, Dylan. Dylan, was a dream boyfriend, he was a senior, the all-star football player and had excellent grades. Maci was an average sophomore, she was very preppy, always tried to be someone she wasn’t, and always cared about boys! Maci and Dylan use to date back at the end of January and beginning of February. Maci made a decision to break up with Dylan for another senior at a different high school. Soon after starting this relationship, Maci realized that it just wasn’t going to work out. Maci expected just to be able to run back to Dylan and everything to be okay, but that was not the case this time. Dylan had already moved on to another girl. Maci was heartbroken AGAIN! As soon as Maci found out she ran straight home and sobbed her eyes out for three days straight. Finally after not showing up for school, not answer any phone calls or text messages, Nicky decided to head over to Maci’s house after school. Nicky decided to bring Dylan along. When they first got to Maci’s house, only Nicky went in and Dylan stayed outside for an awhile.
“Hey Mac, how you doing” Nicky asked.
“Go away Nicky, I don’t want to talk to anybody right now, sorry but not right now” Maci said.
“Please Mac; just give me a five minutes, that’s all.”
“Okay but only five minutes, GO.”
“Okidokie. Well what I wanted to tell you was, Dylan—“
“La la la, I don’t want to hear anything about him, la la la—“
“No no no no, really Mac, just listen, he broke up with his…girlfriend.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know, but he came to school today all sad and depressed and I asked him what was wrong and he told me they broke up, and then he started asking me all these questions about you, like if you had a boyfriend, or if you still liked him and stuff.”
“Oh my gosh REALLY? That means that he’s single then, right?”
“Yes.”
“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”
“Are you thinking that Dylan and you are both single and—“
“Yes, I am.”
“Well I have just the surprise for you then.”
“Oh my, goodness, gracious, what is it?”
“DYLAN?”
“No way, you brought him with you?”
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“Well one of those questions he asked me was when you were coming back to school and stuff and I told him I didn’t know but I was going to come to your house after school, and he asked if he could tag along.”
“Well, I don’t want to talk to him.”
“Why Mac, please come on now, I’ll stay in the room while he’s in here no pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?”
“No.”
“Maci Lynn Tanskey, come on now stop being a BRAT and talk to him.”
“Fine, but you’re staying in the room with us.”
“Ok, Ok, Ok, now let me go get him.”
“Hello” Dylan said as he entered the room.
“Hi” Maci responded.
“So did Nicky tell you?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh, did she tell you that I think we should get back together and try and work out our problems?”
“No.”
“Oh, well I think we should.”
“Ok, me too!”
“Ok, I’m going to leave you love birds to do your business” Nicky said as she left the room.
After Nicky left the room Dylan walked over to Maci, gave her a great big hug and whispered in her ear, “I’m sorry for everything babe, I love you so much I can’t let you go.”
“Love you too, but this is your last, no more chance.”
“Ok, this is it.”
So months have passed and Nicky just arrived at Maci’s house balling.
“Maci, I got to tell you something.”
“What?”
“I just back from the mall with Cheyenne and while we were there we saw Dylan making out with this other girl by the marry-go-round.”
“WTF seriously?”
“Seriously.”
“Oh my gosh, really this is it, were DONE, for good now!”

StayClassy1 SILVER, Stockton, California

"Buy me food so i know it's real"

*more     

"Buy me food so i know it's real"

Gosh... i know exactly how she feels.  I am in an on/off realationship, or was  in an on/off relationship. But after 3 times of him breaking my heart i called it quicks. It was a hard thing to do, but i'm happy now and have a great boyfriend that is way kore mature. :) <3