The Rest is Unknown | Teen Ink

The Rest is Unknown

April 14, 2011
By EricaCadesha GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
EricaCadesha GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
10 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
live laugh love run!


Gasping for air as I try to fight the force of the pillow shoving into my face. “Huuuu huuuu,” I said pushing the masked female away from me. As she tried to crawl away I snatched off her face mask and revealed the face of a beautiful young woman. Her eyes blood-shot red, her hair jet black lying on her soft pale face. She looked as if she had just seen a ghost. “What is your name?” I said softly.
She gave me a blank look and stared with her icy, empty eyes. “WHAT IS YOUR NAME?” I yelled. She began to cry and mumble “mm-Malaya”. She lifted herself and quickly stumbled away. I sat in anger but confusion. Why would someone try to kill me? All of a sudden there was a loud fumble, then a crash, then complete silence. All I could hear is the sound of my hard breathing. I slowly got up and shuffled my body to the stairway. I still couldn’t believe I had just witnessed attempted murder, on myself. As I looked down the long flight of stairs, there her body laid. Tears slowly flowed out of my eyes and down my face.
I stood in shock. After the shock wore off lightly I picked up the phone and dialed 9-1-1. “Hello, this is 9-1-1. What’s your emergency?”