Assassinating Assignments | Teen Ink

Assassinating Assignments

By VioletGal BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho
VioletGal BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho

Paper after paper is stacked on top each other like a trench full of dead decaying bodies in a war zone during world war. Splattering words of ink jumble together on false cleansing white paper. Pie signs and multiple equations lay on the paper with little sympathy as they await for a pencil to finish their empty sentence of confusion.

Vigorously scribbling down answers as they ooz into your mind, more books and paper appear in front of you like vultures landing next to a dead cow. The slower you write, the faster the papers multiply like demonic bunnies. You scribble down faster as your hands smear the words and numbers on you paper, making it look like the face of a gothic widow who has been weeping from a recent departure from a dearly beloved husband.

Seeing the mess you’ve created, you become frustrated with yourself and the batch of words you had prepared to write before, become so moldy and jumbled, that you instead dispose of them, leaving your thought process blank and lost. The stretching pile of papers multiply faster as they mock you lack of speed, papers are everywhere and you’ve lost track of which is complete and which is still in need of attention.

The papers begin to pile on top of you and its heavy weight crushes your bones. No mater how hard you try to escape, your efforts are useless compared to the weight of the mighty homework pile that leaves you with sweaty blistered fingers, now stained in dark ink. You try to find an escape route from this prison chamber of words and catastrophe. Pulling yourself forward, the edges of the pages slices threw your skin. Blood mixes with ink as your tattered body lies lifeless and limp in the tornado after math of over excessive homework, which has stopped multiplying seeing as your body can no longer communicate with your soul to finish the task that required a pumping organ.

this piece was written after all my finals were finished. it's basically an extended metaphor about homework in general and how it can get to you after so much.

mlynch BRONZE said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 9:39 pm
mlynch BRONZE, Summit, New Jersey

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it present."

This story is really good!! Keep up the good work!! If you have time, can you please look at my realistic fiction story, "The Real Challenge"? Rate and comment if you want. Thanks and good job!!