Old Flowers

The sand whipped around like a little tornado as the waves smashed against the shore. I felt like my own little world as I walked down the beach. I looked at my watch. Only four minutes Kelly, pace yourself. I turned onto the boardwalk and started to jog to the shack I saw ahead. My flip-flops strike the hard wood under my feet as my strawberry blonde hair flew behind my head. I glanced down at my watch again. One minute, okay. I can totally make it there before Jackie does. I came to a stop and found my key in my pocket and nervously turned the doorknob. I flipped on the lights and ran to the back room. As I skidded to a stop I turned into the back room only to find Jackie and Mike glancing at me. They continued their conversation like I wasn’t even there. “Okay girls, you know what to do. Jackie gets the van. Kelly goes to the counter. You guys have a long day ahead you.” With that he walked out to the front of the store as we followed him. He got into his Bentley and drove off. I turned on the neon sign. Mike’s Flowers. What a creative name…