No One Knew | Teen Ink

No One Knew

February 4, 2011
By Kinseygirl BRONZE, Vega, Texas
Kinseygirl BRONZE, Vega, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Kaytlin lived a very lovely life. She had two loving parents, great friends, and everything she had ever wanted. Her father was a pastor at their local church, and he also had a medical degree. Kaytlin went to church every Sunday, and she would attend mission trips with her dad and assist him when he treated patients. She was the perfect All-American girl. She has straight A’s and never got in trouble.

Kaytlin believed that she was truly lucky, but she didn’t understand why. As all theses thoughts processed through Kaylin’s mind, she started to question her whole life. She would ask herself if she was truly happy being the perfect girl, the perfect daughter. As these thoughts became deeper in her mind, she wasn’t sure what to think. She wasn’t happy and she didn’t want to be perfect anymore.

Kaytlin’s dad had to leave on a mission trip to help save a young boy’s life and to baptize him, but this time Kaytlin didn’t go with him. Instead, she sat in her room alone and thought to herself. She finally made herself believe that she was happy.

When her dad arrived home, he went to go tell Kaytlin he had saved the young boy’s life and he was okay. He knocked on her door, but she didn’t answer so he just went in. He didn’t see her at first, but when he looked on the other side of her bed, he saw her lying there unconscious with a bottle of empty pills beside her. He rushed to the phone and called 911. When the paramedics arrived it was too late, they couldn’t revive her.

No one knew why she did it. When they searched her room, they found a suicide note. The note said, “I love you mom and dad, but I’m just tired of being perfect. I know ya’ll won’t understand, but it was something I felt I had to do.”

Kaytlin was known as the girl who had everything and was happy, but no one knew what was going on inside her head.