For Sam | Teen Ink

For Sam

December 1, 2010
By Anonymous

I looked back without a doubt on my mind. Losing Sam wasn’t the worst thing in the world. We had a wonderful friendship that had lasted for far too long. I let him treat me like dirt and get away with it. Over the past year Sam had stolen my phone whenever I was using it, told the girl he was “ in love with “ all of my secrets and pranked my house whenever he could with phone calls. He constantly was putting me down. I had enough of all if it. I honestly believed we were closer than close. We even shared a notebook nobody else was allowed to see. I told him in a polite way that I was done with it all. He didn’t call me that night like he usually did. So, the next day he gave me back the notebook with a medal flower. “ What’s this supposed to mean?” My attitude was still in tact. “ This symbolizes our friendship. It may bend, but won’t break. We aren’t losing each other for something stupid like this.” At that moment I had to hug him. Even if I couldn’t trust him, I couldn’t not be friends after that. Needless to say, it helped me realize how lucky I am to have him.


The author's comments:
My inspiration is friendship and how we should truly treat our friends.