It Lays in the Past Pt. 8 | Teen Ink

It Lays in the Past Pt. 8

By AnjiLegacy PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AnjiLegacy PLATINUM, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"When life has lost its meaning, continue on searching for its significance."

We stay at the hospital until Valentina got a little better.
"She's still in shock," Cole exits the room, "but she'll be well in no time."
"You don't look so good, Celestina," Jin touches my neck with the back of his hand, "you don't have a fever..."
"I'm sorry about Mr. Emperador," Cole finally says his name right, "I could only imagine how you and Valentine are feeling."
"Good riddance," I wince and grab my damaged arm, "I'm glad he's gone, those lying b****rds!"
"Celestina?" Cole widens his eyes, "what's wrong with you?"
"Our parents were the surgeons!"
Their jaws drop, obviously stunned.
"They put chips in our brains that absorbed our memories to get even richer."
Silence befalls my astounded friends.
"Celestina?" Valentine staggers to me, "is that true?"
"Yes," I answer regretfully, "it's true."
"Mija?" Mom leisurely strolls to us, "can we talk?"
"Anything you have to say to me, you can say it to your other victims."
"I'm sorry, please, you have to forgive me."
"It's over, Mrs. Emperador, my chip is fried, you don't need me or any of them anymore!"
"Mrs. Emperador? I am still your Mother, I still raised you, clothed you, fed you, put a roof over your head, put you in an expensive private school!"
"All for the sake of Psychology! You didn't love me! You needed me for sick, twisted, greedy personal gain for money that you don't even need! You're not my Mother! My mother is still out there under the impression that we're dead!"
"Then what are you going to do, huh? Are you going to move out? Because you don't have anywhere else to go!"
"I have money, I can find somewhere else to live!"
"Not without parental consent, you're not."
"They're staying with me," Cole leans against the wall, "I bought a place when I turned eighteen. We don't any of you. I'll take care of my friends and my sister."
He called me his sister... It feels right for some reason. I now feel at ease.
"You're not going to live with him!"
"Yes I am!"
"Celestina," Valentine topples to the exit, "I want to go."

"I can't thank Cole enough for letting us stay with him. We've been at his home for a few days, but within those days, I've been really depressed. I've been crying and snapping at everyone. They don't deserve what I'm putting them through. I don't understand why my emotions are so... Crazy. I haven't been happy in days, not a single fleeting moment of euphoria. Perhaps it's because of what we've been through in the last week. Yes, that has to be it. I need to keep my emotions under control; I can't lose my friends."

Celestina

****
"Cole has definitely matured, he's taking care of three people, with the help of Celestina's inheritance. Things were starting to look up... However, something is seriously wrong with me. I haven't been happy with the way I look, maybe I should start wearing make up. I also have been changing moods constantly changing moods. Even worse... I don't want to live anymore, but I can't leave Celestina. I need her, I can't be away from her. She must be with me, if she doesn't want to... I'll kill myself."

Jinketsu

****
"It won't stop! The voices won't go away! The other people in our house won't leave me alone! It won't stop! I can't concentrate, I can't go to sleep because I'm scared of what I might see when I open my eyes. Stop talking to me, stop following me! I can't take it anymore, they won't leave me alone."

Valentine

****
"My hands just won't stay clean! I scrub and I scrub and I scrub, but they stay filthy! My room is unorganized... I have to sort everything according to height. It takes twenty five steps to get from the living room to my room, if I can't get to it in twenty five steps, I do it over again. Chew fifteen times, then swallow, fifteen times, then swallow. I can't get it! I have to spit it out. I lost thirteen pounds; I wonder if anyone noticed. My hands are filthy, I have to wash them."

Cole

Part 8