A Realization | Teen Ink

A Realization

By leavitts BRONZE, Freeport, Maine
leavitts BRONZE, Freeport, Maine

Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
-Henry David Thoreau

My eyes open, I blink twice then close my eyes. There is a loud ringing in my ears. I open my eyes again and look over at my clock, it reads seven thirty in the morning. I curse, roll out of my bed and turn off my alarm. I quickly walk over to my dresser, get on a pair of jeans and a button up shirt. I run to my bathroom and quickly squeeze a roll of toothpaste out of my toothpaste tube and shove it in my mouth and brush vigorously.

I appear downstairs in the main entrance to my kitchen. My mother looks startled then says, "I was a bout to come up and wake you up."

I answer her by grabbing the toast off my plate, then running over and picking up my backpack and laptop.I'm halfway out the door, with my toast crammed into my mouth, when I finally answer her by simply saying, "Hurry up!" She just shakes her head and follows me out the door after grabbing the keys for the honda off the key rack.

As soon as the car starts I turn the radio to 100.9 and turn up the volume. Out of the speakers comes the sweet sound of rock. We pass by some stores and some houses and then finally my destination comes into view.

A large brick building stands in front of us, on the front, right above the main entrance, there is a sign that reads, Freeport High School. I hop out of the car and run into the school. Right as I reach my first class of the day as the first bell rings.

My first class is English, one of my favorite subjects. Our teacher tells us to get on our laptops and go to teenkink.com, everyone simultaneously unzips their laptop cases, pulls out their laptop and goes to the website.

So here I am, almost done with my story, with five minutes of class. Although I am just realizing that I am only doing this because I crave attention. Because I will always be looking for the approval of others and you know what, I'm tired of it. I don't care if anyone comments on this or if it even gets published because I am done.

In class we told to write and write I did.

on Oct. 28 2010 at 8:08 am
leavitts BRONZE, Freeport, Maine

-Henry David Thoreau

Also we weren't told to write this, I just wanted to see what would happen if I tried and posted it.

on Oct. 28 2010 at 7:00 am
leavitts BRONZE, Freeport, Maine

-Henry David Thoreau

Yeah I wrote this in an 80 minute period of study hall.

AaronLawrence SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri

I may be an idiot, but i'm not stupid

Until you change me enough that i'm convinced I need to change, I won't change

Wow, that knocked me around a bit when i realized you were writing about writing this.  It had a nice flow, but several mistakes.  I know exactly how you feel, been there and done that on a differant sight until it was like i didn't care and everything a i wrote it felt like i was trying to please someone.   Also, did you write this in one sitting like you made it seem, if so it's impressive.