Cracks in the Sidewalk | Teen Ink

Cracks in the Sidewalk

October 16, 2010
By Afroboriqua BRONZE, LaGrange, Kentucky
Afroboriqua BRONZE, LaGrange, Kentucky
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
All the stars in the sky can make the world beautiful for a split second, beauty only remains in the purest forms.


(it isnt finished. i just began. i would just like to ask for your opinions or suggestions.)

I guess you could say I felt trapped. I knew myself, but not who I was meant to be. I wanted to escape. I was being held down and there was no way to get out. I was being held against my will to stay there, in a place where no one understood me.

MY PROFILE:
Hi. My name is Marie. I am 16 years old and live in the sunny little town of Lagrange, Kentucky. I am a junior at Oldham County High school and it’s not your average high school. My life is a little bit more interesting than the “usual” teenager’s life. I guess that’s why I’m writing a story about it but when you put the bits and pieces together it makes the best of everything look a little better.

CHAPTER 1

“Just read the directions mom, that’s what they put them in the box for.”
“I don’t need directions Marie! I can do it by myself.”
“It’s been over three hours.”
“Putting together a stereo isn’t rocket science, I can do it.”
“You haven’t even started.”
“IM THINKING!”
“Fine! Think by yourself!”
I got up and left the garage shutting the door behind me. I tightened the draw string on my sweat pants and pulled my hair back in a pony tail. I opened the fridge, grabbed a soda, sat on the couch, and turned on the television. That’s not exactly the picture I had planned for my Saturday but since I told everyone I had plans with my mom I guess that’s what I would be doing. I hated it when we argued. Ugh, she was so controlling and rude. Sometimes I wish she went out of town more often than she already did. I was so thankful she was a designer though, this means I had almost every weekend to myself, which was nice considering the fact that my friends liked to throw me a lot of parties. She was usually gone for weekends at a time, sometimes when I was lucky a week at a time.
I was flipping through channels. Of course nothing good was really on, except that 70’s show, so I just watched that.

The author's comments:
This piece includes some actual facts about my life. I thought writing a story that was interesting and related to others would help a lot of peoples problems but i wanted some feed back before i finish.