The Murder of Jake Matthews | Teen Ink

The Murder of Jake Matthews

August 24, 2010
By buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
buttercup14 SILVER, Fonda, New York
5 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Hi. My name is Jake Matthews. I was kidnapped and murdered when I was twelve years old on my mothers birthday. I remember that day very well. I remember sitting on my front porch swing next to my mothers sweet smelling, purple lilacs. Every Sunday my father and I would wake up extra early and go to Patrick's Flowers and buy my mother a dozen of her favorite flowers, which are obviously purple lilacs. Anyway, it was Sunday that day and my father and I had just gotten home from getting my mom flowers to find her sitting at the table crying. I went out to sit on the front porch swing, as I said before, and I was waiting for somebody to come out and tell me what was going on. I think about close to an hour had gone by until my father came out to tell me that my older brother, John, was found dead in a dumpster behind a rundown motel Saturday morning. The sheriff wanted my mother and father to come down to the police station for questioning. I went with them so my mother wouldn't have to worry about me because I would be home alone.

We were at the station for a long time and we were starting to get really hungry so the cheriff lets us take a break and leave to go get something to eat. My parents found a hot dog stand. While we were waiting for our food I heard something in the alley next to us. I went over to see what it was and I realized it was a little girl crying. I sat next to her and tried talking with her to find out what she was doing in an alley all alone crying. She said her name was Lilly Prume. She told me that she had been raped and beaten by her father so she ran away and has been living in that alley for about two weeks and nobody as reported her missing yet. I asked her where her mother was and she said that her mother had died after giving birth to Lilly. Lilly was only about six or seven years old from what I could tell. I new she wasn't any older then ten. I sat with her until she calmed down and then told her to come with me. I was going to ask my parents to help her but when we got out of the alley, my parents were gone.

I looked everywhere but could not see them anywhere. I started searching and took Lilly with me but it had gotten dark really quick. I guess that it was maybe 9 o'clock. Lilly was getting tired and I was getting hungry. We stopped searching for my parents when we got to the park and Lilly laid down on a bench and had fallen asleep. I went looking for some food and when I got back. Lilly was still sound asleep. I ate the curly fries I had found and then I laid next to Lilly and fell asleep.

...........................a few hours later...............................

I woke up in the middle of the night and heard some one talking. I woke Lilly up and told her to be really quiet and pointed toward the two men that were behind us. One of them started talking about my parents and how they were glad they killed John and now they were after me. I had heard them say that they had been watching our house and my brothers house. One of the men didn't want any part of what was going to happen. I recognized a voice. It was Daniel Golune. Daniel Golune was somebody my father had worked with. He was about to get a new promotion and my father over heard Daniel talking about firing all employees and hiring all females to work so my father told his boss what Daniel was planning to do and he was fired. Now Daniel is getting revenge by killing my brother and now he was going to kill me. When I heard that I gasped and they heard me. They started walking around looking for what had made that noise. They couldn't see us but they got closer and closer and I new I had to get Lilly out of there. Lilly has been through so much already and I didn't want to get her killed along with me. I new we were gonna get caught because they just kept walking towards us trying to find the noise I had made.

I remember telling Lilly when I say run you need to run as fast as you can to the police station. I new they would follow her so I stood up and started talking to them until the realized who was talking and then I told Lilly to run. I asked Daniel to let her go because she has been through so much already. I told her story and to my surprise he believed me so he let her go and he grabbed my arm. He started pulling me towards his car. I had not seen the car when I first noticed they were here. They put a blind fold around my eyes so I couldn't see where they were taking me and they tied my hands behind my back so I couldn't do anything. They also tied my legs together. The next thing I know, I'm being carried down stairs and then dropped on to a table. They took my blind fold off and I saw bodies every where. I was in a dark room that had no windows, was lit by two lanterns, and had walls covered with blood and dead dead bodies were all over the place. I saw something that looked a little familiar to me. It was my brothers watch. I had given it to him on his twenty first birthday. He was now twenty-five years old. I realized that Daniel and his partner were the ones to kill my brother and then they made it look like he was murdered behind a motel. I asked them why they would kill all these people and they told me it was because they wanted revenge. They wanted all the people that treated him badly when he was a kid to be punished so he killed there children. I think Daniel was literally a crazy person and his partner, I new regretted everything, was being forced to do all this. I new it wasn't long now that I would be dead. Daniel heard the sirens from the police cars so he had to be quick about what he was going to do. Then....................................................no more Jake.

Hi, my name is Jake Matthews and I was kidnapped and murdered when I was tweleve years old.


The author's comments:
this piece is a story of a boy that gets kidnapped and then murdered and what happens in this story could happen in real life