Ashes of Wonder

If I were to burn into a thousand ashes, would the wind carry me astray with one drift. Instead of strolling in the path of containment, would I soar into the clouds of freedom? Would those ashes rise into the soil of holy gardens, or would they simply disintegrate into the atmosphere unremembered, forgotten? Would they become a memorial to a life well lived, or would they shadow the fatality of a pathetic existence? Would they travel the world in a way no mere mortal could ever dream, or would they disappear into the seas, never to submerge? But the one question with the answer I yearn for the most: will they ever mean more than myself, as a person, on Earth?

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:32 pm:
...Seeing as how you like to vent through writing you should give poetry a spin. This was great but really you've got a voice for poetry :)

lusis said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:54 pm:
This is so beautiful. I can really relate to it. :D

abigail(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 4:49 pm :
Well thank you (: 

givemetherapy said...
Jul. 11, 2010 at 2:47 pm:
this was great. i wish more people vented the way you do :)

Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:01 am :
thank you (: this one actually took about 10 minutes to write. it was an emotional day haha.

ThesilentravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 12:33 pm:
This piece of writing inspired an indescribable emotion in me; it was so well written. If you vent through your writing, keep venting. :)

Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:02 am :
wow! (: thank you! and i will (: