Ashes of Wonder

If I were to burn into a thousand ashes, would the wind carry me astray with one drift. Instead of strolling in the path of containment, would I soar into the clouds of freedom? Would those ashes rise into the soil of holy gardens, or would they simply disintegrate into the atmosphere unremembered, forgotten? Would they become a memorial to a life well lived, or would they shadow the fatality of a pathetic existence? Would they travel the world in a way no mere mortal could ever dream, or would they disappear into the seas, never to submerge? But the one question with the answer I yearn for the most: will they ever mean more than myself, as a person, on Earth?

nelehjr said...
...Seeing as how you like to vent through writing you should give poetry a spin. This was great but really you've got a voice for poetry :)

lusis said...
This is so beautiful. I can really relate to it. :D

abigail(: This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well thank you (: 

givemetherapy said...
this was great. i wish more people vented the way you do :)

Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:01 am
thank you (: this one actually took about 10 minutes to write. it was an emotional day haha.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This piece of writing inspired an indescribable emotion in me; it was so well written. If you vent through your writing, keep venting. :)

Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:02 am
wow! (: thank you! and i will (: