The Delusion | Teen Ink

The Delusion

By Monika Stempniewicz GOLD, Mt Prospect, Illinois
Monika Stempniewicz GOLD, Mt Prospect, Illinois

The girl sat there staring at the mirror that was in front of her. The reflection displayed her world, yet the image painted on the glass was somewhat different. Next to the girl in the glass stood her two parents, with smiles upon their faces. Their presence sent waves of love that made her heart feel warm with joy. Yet the girl on the other side of the mirror sat huddled in a corner as the screams of her parents pierced her eardrums. This girl was shattered and hurt. She didn’t know what to do anymore and she wasn’t able to deal with everything that came her way. But on the opposite side of the glass, the other girl was laughing away and enjoying every second of her life. That girl had many dreams, and the strength to go about and achieve them.

The two girls stood there, gazing into each other’s eyes. The two pairs of eyes clashed from the differences between the feelings each displayed-
Courage…Fear
Hope… Disappointment

It seemed impossible for both of these girls to be of one flesh, so clearly, one was a fake. But which one? Was it the girl with the star-lit eyes that lay beneath the streaming beams of the sun? Or was it the girl who felt an endless storm of rain pouring down from the clouds above her? And were those droplets really rain, or her tears?

emoVamp247 BRONZE, Port Saint Lucie, Florida
cool this one makes u think.