The Actress | Teen Ink

The Actress

May 28, 2010
By Megan96 GOLD, Tooele, Utah
Megan96 GOLD, Tooele, Utah
10 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
This is my Timey Wimey detector! It goes ding when there's stuff.


She walks silently into the classroom, a smile on her face. Always a smile. Her beautiful chestnut hair is twisted into a long, elaborate pony tail, and her jeans are new.
She is kind, and happy. She never says a bad word about anyone. That, of course, is her job.
She laughs for the camera, in her sparkly new dress, showing off her newest beau, and shaking loose her lengthy blond tresses. Her latest movie is coming out next week, and it is going too be her biggest yet!
She is holding her family together by the threads, barely managing since her mother died. Since then, she's dropped out of high school, taken up a job in a book store. Her father drinks at night, and she thinks her brother is on drugs. Does she tell anyone? Does anyone even think to ask?
No. She dresses well, smiles happily, and all is well. No one knows shat she has been through. She doesn't want them to.
She is the Actress.


The author's comments:
I disguise my emotions a lot, because I don't want other people to be burdened by them. This piece is an entirely dramatized piece. My life is no where near as tragic. but sometimes you need to open up to somebody, it doesn't matter who. The Actress is bold, and self confident, but eventually she will break down if she keeps going like this. There is always someone who will understand, or at the very least listen to you.