Lake Havosuo

May 10, 2010
Custom User Avatar
More by this author
My brother, my sister, my mom, my dad and I were finally on our way to Lake Havasuo. About an hour into the drive my stomach started growling- I felt like I could eat a cow!

“Hey, Dad! Can we stop and get something to eat?” I begged.

“We should be coming up to an In-n-Out soon,” my dad answered back.

Around 15 minutes later we pulled up to the In-n-Out. The voice from the speaker asked, “Hi, what can I get for you today?”

“Can we get five orders for the number two?” my dad piped back in response.

After we got our food and ate, I was so stuffed that I couldn’t eat another bite even if I wanted to. We got back on the road about two hours later we were finally there. First we got to the docks, unloaded all our stuff onto the boat, and then started to head out to find a spot where we could unload our things at a camp spot. As we were driving, my dad turned around and asked, “Hey Chaz, want to drive the boat?”

“Yeah!” I said
I walked, up to the driver’s seat. My hands were sweaty from the sun beaming down on me. I gripped the wheel and began to drive. As I was driving, we saw a great spot where we could unload. I pulled up to the sand and turned off the boat. We unloaded everything off the boat and set up our camp spot.
Afterwards, I went swimming for a while. As I was swimming I climbed up a cliff that I could jump off of and launched straight down into the water--it was crazy!

About another hour later my brother asked, “Hey, Chaz! Want to go fishing?”

“Sure.” I answered

Mt brother and I went into the cove around the corner from our camp spot. Once we got our spots, we cast our lines and wait about ten minutes into fishing, I felt a huge tug on my fishing pole!

“I think I got one!” I screamed out in excitement.

Little by little, I pulled it in and couldn’t believe I was able to catch a bass. Afterwards, I released it back into the water, because I didn’t want to eat it. Later we went back to our camp spot and cleaned up for lunch. My dad was cooking hamburgers and hotdogs oh the grill. A little later the food was ready and we got the family together and started to eat lunch. Once we were done eating, we packed up and loaded our stuff back on the boat and headed back to the docks. Once we got back, we loaded out stuff onto the truck and started to drive to our hotel. It took about thirty minutes to get to the hotel. My brother and I got our own room and my sister went and slept in our parent’s room. The next morning we woke up and started to head home.

After the trip when we got back to our house I realized how fun the lake was.

Post a Comment

Be the first to comment on this article!

Site Feedback