Freedoms Breath

It’s the middle of the night, and the sky is brightly working to my advantage; and disadvantage. Bright lights can help me see, but it also helps them. If they find me, I won’t come back here. Life is brutal; I couldn’t explain it with words. I had no choice, no say in anything. I was a prisoner.
With my face covered by my hood, I leave my yard. I breathe heavily, and then stop. I must stay quiet for survival. I have no family to keep me here. My country -- no this is not my country, this retched government killed all of those who where dear to me, this terrible place murdered them.
I move faster, towards the river; the silent river, frozen solid, my way to freedom. I left my shoes behind, for fear of making too much noise. The ice was cold
I pull my wrap tighter, locking in warmth as I take another step.
Shouting. I don’t look back. I fun faster, zigzagging my way across the ice, trying to become a difficult target.
I gasped; pain, taking its course through the back of my shoulder as blood gushes out. I cover one side, but blood comes out the other.
I force myself forward; neither I nor my family will die in vain. I finally come towards the edge, and I take my first step as a free woman. I lay down on the cold, hard ground; I smile, breathing heavy. With my last will, I made it to freedom. My soul is finally free, and I pass on.

jonas_chick899 said...
wow thats really kool u wrote this bcuz of North Korea. thats pretty creative, and the article was greatt. i kept reading faster n with more interest:]