Loneliness. | Teen Ink

Loneliness.

April 1, 2010
By PureBlue101 BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington
PureBlue101 BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington
4 articles 2 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The Future Belongs to Those Who Believe In the Beauty of Their Dreams.”





--Eleanor Roosevelt


Loneliness is a dark trap to fall into; one so slippery it would take a miracle to crawl out of.
Loneliness is pure darkness; the absence of light. The absence of friends.
Loneliness is when you walk down the hallways and no one stops to say hello.
This is my life. I go to school every day in dark clothing. No one notices me. I blend into the walls. I’m a wallpaper kid.
I hear shouts of greetings echo down the hallway all throughout the day. None are shouted to me. I’m invisible.
I sit in the back of the classroom. Kids are afraid of my stare. I blend into the back ground. Hiding the pain of being forgotten with angry glares.
My weekends consist of eating, sleeping and taking walks. I have no one to talk to but the insects, birds and trees.
I talk. They listen.
I wonder how I fell into this trap. I wonder how to climb out; if there is a way out. Do I change my choice of clothes? My hair? My hobbies? Do I change my personality just so that I can talk to another human being? How do I become visible?
Loneliness turns to pain. Pain turns into numbness. All those turn to hurt and confusion. Why do I deserve this? I try to remember how this invisibility came about. I can’t seem to remember when I last had a friend.
Empty becomes a frequent word in my vocabulary.
My house is empty of friend’s laughter. My calendar is empty. My ambitions become empty. My soul is empty.
Without no friends to cheer you on to pursue your goals, why create ones.
Loneliness is a trap. One I can’t seem to get out of.
I need a miracle.