The Fight | Teen Ink

The Fight

April 1, 2010
By swmr101 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
swmr101 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dodge left. Dodge right. Each swing of his arm was my personal demon, sent from hell to destroy me. His fist was a lance in the grip of a knight upon a fiery steed…aiming for me. No escape. But, I was fast. The only thing on my mind was to avoid his gargantuan bear claws.
Dodge left. Duck. Dodge right. I can’t believe I agreed to this fight. I only agreed because I felt the need to fight for her. He was a tool, and she was gentle and warm. They were a bad couple from the start and when she suddenly started favoring me over him, he was furious. But, when she broke up with him for me, he wouldn’t take it. He challenged me to this fight, of which he would probably win. I, of course accepted, because I wanted to prove to her my love. If I get beat, I won’t prove anything.
So, I keep moving. Dodge left. Dodge right. I can smell his blood frenzy. His sweat. I was wearing him out. That’s when I feel it. He got me. My side. A blow delivered to my side. I staggered. The taste of blood rose to my mouth. The salty, rusty, red taste is like a fire in my head. I got to keep moving. Don’t slow down.
I look him in the eyes. His green eyes. Green with envy. My side aches. I want this to be over. He towers towards me. He is 230 pounds of muscle and I am 145 pounds and bones. I don’t know what to do.
With all my strength I dodge him one last time. He hit his head. He goes down. I win.