One Different Fish | Teen Ink

One Different Fish

By BenWar GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
BenWar GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who see him swim. He is the only one who swims against the current. One different fish with duller scales and shorter tail. One who feels not in the crowd. One fish amounst billions of others. Compared to the others he is slower, but most say he is unique.
His intelligence is a secret. He sends no information about himself to others. He never attends games but swims down. Down the depths of the water to grasp the knowledge he can.
No one knows his reasons for being, no one cares. They let him mind his business and swim around while the others swim around each other. Ha, Ha, Ha the other others say when he swims away. He has no friends.
This makes him sad and tired to keep learning. When he develops into a mature fish the others will laugh. When it is time to use the skills learned as a kid, the others will fail. When fish fight one another he will not be physical but use his brain. When the others need an intelligent leader they will turn to him. One who didn’t play the games. One who will reach all depths of the ocean. One who is going to benefit society forever…