Runaway Bride | Teen Ink

Runaway Bride

She was scared. Scared for her life. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, so why was she so scared? Today she was supposed to marry the man of her dreams. The man every girl dreams about in their fairy-tale weddings. Ever since she was a little girl, she knew she wanted to marry a tall, smart, brown hair and green eyed man. But at that moment, standint at the alter in her white poofy wedding dress, she was terrified. The priest told her to repeat "I do" and that was it for her. She knew brides got nervous on their wedding day, but this was jsut too much. She ran for it. She ran down the isle. Out of the commons. Out of the chuch. into the parking lot. Onto the street. Down the road. Too her house. To the safe in her bedroom. Grabed the money. And got out of her dress not a moment to soon when the phone rang. She looked at the phone through her teary eyes. The caller ID showed to be her father calling. She let it ring untill the last ring, and picked up. She did not say hello. Her father kept repeating, "Honey, are you there?" "What happened?" "Are you alright?" "Sweetheart?", but she could not find the words to answer him. She knew that her groom would be there shortly, so she hung up the phone. Se most deffinitally did not want to face him, not after she ran from him at the alter, who would? So she grabbed anything she thought she would need. Ran to the car. Drove to the airport, and baught the last ticket to New York, never to see her groom again.

My friend wrote a story about a runaway bride, so I did too.