The Truth - Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Truth - Part 2

January 25, 2010
By kschade PLATINUM, Sharon, Massachusetts
kschade PLATINUM, Sharon, Massachusetts
24 articles 0 photos 3 comments

LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT/SCHIZOPHRENIC
ARRESTED FOR MURDERING HER PARENTS
SEVEN YEARS AFTER THEIR DEATHS

Aubrey James, formerly known as Aubrey Martin, a junior at Cloverdale High, was arrested for murdering her parents seven years after their brutal deaths. She has suffered from schizophrenia since the day of their death and has been staying in Central Ohio’s Mental Health Facility where she had been undergoing psychiatric treatments. Recently she had been let out of the facility to continue her education in literature, only after passing her psychiatric exam which was performed by a therapist that has no comment at this time. Police say that due to James’ schizophrenia, she does not understand the charges and therefore cannot be persecuted. She has been sent back to COMH and will be there until she understands her charges or she dies. James was arrested due to an anonymous tip by a person that clams to be her younger brother, DNA tests will conclude if the relation is true, but he came forward with more than enough evidence to convict her of this crime. (cont. on pg 4)

“The end” I said, stuffing the paper into my hand. I searched her face for a reaction but she just stared at me. “Well..?”
“Well, what the hell happened?! That can’t seriously be the end!” Her face slowly grew pink as her body shifted towards me.
I laughed. “Yeah, that’s the end. It’s a good story though. Isn’t it?” I handed her the blank paper I had been reading off of. Before she had a chance to speak the warden was knocking at our door.
“Aubrey!? It’s time for your medicine.” The new girl looked baffled, and her face became as pale as snow once she realized who I was. I gulped down the pills, and drank the cool water. When I turned around, she was shaking and scratching at her arms like crazy.
“You..you..you’re..her?” I smiled, and nodded.
“Yes, I’m Aubrey James, I’m a schizophrenic, and I killed my parents. I don’t believe you ever told me your name, new girl.” She swallowed hard but I continued. “I can tell we are going to have so much fun, because you love stories, and I have only the best ones to share. And it looks like by the scars on your arms, you’re with me forever.”