Velvet Rose | Teen Ink

Velvet Rose

I wandered about, running through the scraggly oak trees, drawing in a deep breath from time to time. My throat was caked and didn't allow me to utter a sound with-out the crude punishment of pain. The uncontrollable tears poured down my face, with my steps growing louder and faster. I couldn't help but whimper and let out a cry, for the sky was covered with a solid thick black blanket god had sewn together for this special occasion and manipulate me in my time of need. My breathing became quicker with every turn I made and the relization that nothing looked familiar and I was surely lost in the depths of this deep dark forest. The moonlight poured over my face, usually lifting a great amount of weight from my shoulders when its pale light illuminated the sky , but tonight all it did was add to that weight on my shoulders. Now, the moon looked eerie and brought no relief when I looked up at the sky. I started together even faster. I looked behind me, not knowing why I was running or crying, not knowing if I was searching or running from something. My heart kept on beating with anticipation, and my sobs kept on growing louder and faster. With every step my body grew weaker, my legs as stiff as boards. My chest ached, and my tears started to dry out. In the back of my head I thought I heard footsteps, but when I glanced behind me the only things I saw were the trees. As I lost my balance my foot caught on a stone and I collappsed in a heap. I was to weak to stand back up so I shut my eyes and tried to make the best of my situation. It was silent for a long time before my eyes snapped open at the feeling that someone was near. At first I saw nothing, but when I craned my head there standing in front of me was a silohuette of a man. I could barely make out his features. His clothes were tattered and torn,the shirt he wore was green but faded. When I squinted my eyes to get a better look at him I noticed that on the back of his shirt was the number twelve. His hair that probably used to be a nice looking dirty blonde was now tangled and plastered together by all the grime and bugs that had infested it. He wore a look of deep satisfaction on his face when he looked down at me, but it wasnt his looks that disturbed me the most. It was his eyes that were filled with hunger as his piercing sharp gaze went through me. I was terrified and felt helpless when he started to reach for me........getting closer.......and closer.......and..

I wrote this piece when I was in fourth grade this is part of the beginning chapter for my new book that I am writing, I would appreciate some comments and critisizim!!

littlewriter97, Dover, New Hampshire
Just so people know I am the author of this piece but i dont know why it says anonomous!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you guys enjoy my first piece on teenink!!!! and remember i wrote this wen i was in fourth grade!!!!!!

littlewriter97, Dover, New Hampshire
This littlewriter chick is AMAZING! I am her sistah haackin' her account. I hope y'all enjoy her stories, Shes got some talents up her sleeve. (Hope this gets publishes because if it does I am putting my poem ''Life'' in it . . .