Shadows

i run back and fourth trying to escape it. it mimicks every movement, sees every flaw. it can tell i dont know how to escape it; too strong, yet some how weak. Me, too chicken to plays it weakness to my advantage. wouldn't dream to ruin it, but make it lighten up. its coming closer every second, inch by inch. it should be comforting.

big, alertful dark brown eyes on a kindly face. not beautiful, not ugly..but ordinary. it speaks of releasing my demons-my past, present, and future. i want to believe it, but its eyes tell me differently. they shoe me hurt, confusion, worry, and grief. he once ordinary face now pale and dark circles appear unsder its eyes. it has laugh lines and signs of happiness haidden underneath, deep enough to be hidden...but not completely.

i turn to face it and begin to become frightened because-it is me. no mistake: plain-ol'-me hidden by my own darkness, my own shadow. i head for the light in the other direction. it is gone for now, but it will be a journey, one hopefully i can make.

sasssgirrrl22 said...
wow.
u r reallllly good.
i luv this.
it sets thingz into a new perspective.
plllllz keep writing xD

Chrissy L. replied...
thank you very much:) ..even though there all a lot of typos lol; im just glad you reallly liked this:)