Mr. Hyde or Dr. Jekyll? | Teen Ink

Mr. Hyde or Dr. Jekyll?

By joeb90 SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
joeb90 SILVER, Herndon, Virginia

Calm
He’s a funny kid. He’ll make you laugh on any given day of the week. He always finds a way. Even if you’re having a really bad day, he always finds a way due to the fact that he’s completely random in every way. The things he does, the things he says, the way he acts, everything. Sometimes even down to the clothes he wears. He doesn’t care what people think about him, he doesn’t care what others say about him behind his back, and nor does he care if people think he’s weird. He loves seeing people smile. If people around him aren’t happy, neither is he. I guess that means he’s sort of dependent on others. But, he’s not perfect. He doesn’t talk to people unless he wants to. If he wants to do something he’ll do it. He is a workhorse when it comes to grunt work. He isn’t afraid to do manual work. He is not scared to get dirty; he’s had to cleaned up barf. He’s been praised, yelled at, dejected, put on a pedestal, and been through a divorce. He doesn’t want your pity. You can think he’s a good kid but, there’s a side of him that not many get to see. Sure, go ahead. I won’t tell you what to do and what not to do. But, don’t say I didn’t warn you. When you look into his eyes, all you’ll find is a troubled boy and a tormented man.
Anger
He’s like a time bomb. Sooner or later he’s going to explode. There’s a long fuse, but once he loses it, be prepared. I just hope that you’re not on the receiving end of it. When he loses control, he’s a totally different person. His friends, his dad, his mom, his brother, and everyone else close enough to know him, acknowledge this fact. Like anyone else, he has a breaking point. He can’t let people walk over him forever, and when he gets fed up with it, he detonates. He sits in silence, sometimes brooding; but only for so long. Once that time ends, his angry self comes out. The anger festers and then it ignites. Just like fire it burns, hurts, and causes those near to run away; only those that care come back to fight the fire. When the anger comes out, he’s not fun at all. He yells, he curses, and he throws things, punches holes in walls, and takes it out on his brother and anyone near. He says things; things that he’ll regret for the rest of his life. His eyes become bloodshot, burning; an inferno of hatred. His eyes moisten, his vision blurs. Muscles are taut, ready to wreak havoc. He kicks down doors that are slammed shut; he beats into anything he can find. He looks like a rabid dog. Fists are clenched and furious. Adrenaline pumping through his veins, he is a force on his own. Hostile and remote, the walls close in around him. His breathing becomes haggard and shallow. His mind is a train wreck by this point. The adrenaline takes a hold of him and sends him into a spiral of hate. At this moment there is nothing but hatred in his mind. The anger flows and it seems it isn’t going to stop. He is destructive. Then, he looks in a mirror and is disgusted with himself. He sees what he’s become, a monster, a destructive, invisible force, and his inner torment. Knave, weird, nice, jerk, sweet, cute, temperamental, creative, logical, book-smart, lack of sense, depressed, energetic, happy, and bitter. This is what I’ve been labeled; feel free to add whatever you’d like.

This is amazing! I love the feelings and emotions you created in this piece of writing. I could even relate to some of it. A very powerful and strong message.