The Dance

The music hits the air like a freight train, pulsing through the bodies of the surrounding crowd. People jump and dance forming a small circle between them. A young man steps forward out of the crowd and into the small circle. His eyes are full of fire and his confidence radiates from his strong form. He takes a quick step to the left and quickly bounces back. His figure moves so fluidly, yet strong and compact. He grips the hem of his sagging pants as he moves, stepping in all directions. He turns, bounces, and drops, following the beat of the music. Each pulse of the beat moves completely in sync with his flowing body. He drops to the floor and lifts his left leg while his right moves under, creating an illusion of being lifted from the floor to the nearby throng. He then uses his hands to hold his body off the ground for a few seconds. He shows off his strength as the crowd loudly cheers him on. He rises up proudly and grabs his stuff and pops it as a salute. He smugly saunters back into the awaiting crowd, cheers following him the whole way.